I hope you all had a happy and joyous Easter! Ours was the usual family affair complete with a good meal and baskets of chocolaty treats. Despite having three children well into their twenties, Mom still gives us an Easter basket each year. I am not one to turn down free chocolate! I've already raided mine several times, but I really should behave. I have a dentist appointment today. Who has a dentist appointment the day after Easter?! Haha, oh well. It was scheduled 6 months in advance.
I had this outfit schemed up in my head a few days prior to Easter. Well, several variations of it. There were tights and a different cardigan floating around in the mix, but I decided on this because it was a) simple and b) pretty. This dress had been hanging on the back of my bedroom door since last summer, half hidden and half forgotten. What a shame. It's far too lovely to forget about! After removing some massive shoulder pads (thanks, but no thanks 1980s) it was ready to go and go it will as I'm eager to wear it again soon.
Cardigan: Target, Dress: thrifted, Ring: TJ Maxx, Shoes: Target




16 comments:
What a gorgeous print on the dress! Simple and pretty is the best possible combination for Easter I think, just as robin egg blue is the perfect shade.
We still do Easter egg hunts too, although the family was too scattered this year to manage it. A dentist appointment the day after does sound like cruel and unusual torture. : )
that length is so perfect on you! what a lovely little find.
I just love the print on that dress! As for Easter, I celebrated by watching Eddie Izzard joke about Easter and reading David Sedaris joking about Easter. If you haven't read Sedaris' essay called Jesus Shaves, you totally should. In France they have something other than the Easter bunny.
Aww Emily, this is the perfect Easter dress. The colours and the delicate print are beautiful. And the choice of the cardigan was perfect too!
Glad you had such a sweet Easter, mine was uncommon since it was spend wandering through London with my boyfriend but at least we had a nice home cooked Easter dinner :)
And agree, that dress is too pretty to be forgotten!
your mom is such a sweet pea, still giving you an easter basket! pretty print on the dress the silhouette is simple perfection. so wonderful!
Such delicate, beautiful florals :) You look adorable!
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I really love the print and length of that dress. And wow, it comes with a matching belt! :) And really, that dress can go with pink and yellow or black or green cardigans and they would bring out different colors in the pattern!
And free chocolate is always good. always. :)
So perfect for easter! Now all you need is big bunny ears and a basket of eggs :)
the cardigan adds a great pop to the outfit :) x
Love yr dress!! Yr blog is great! Follow each??
Btw, I have my 1st giveaway in my blog, hope you are interested to join XD
http://mrsvintagehk.blogspot.com/2011/04/mrs-vintages-1st-giveaway.html
The print on the dress is so dreamy! You look adorable.
I'm so pleased you had a happy easter. Mine was enjoyable also. My mum and my mother in law still get me easter baskets and soft toy bunnies as well even though I am 22. Still love it!I adore your dress. The print, colours, little buttons and belt are so sweet. I adore the cardigan. I have been thinking lately with the colder weather that I wish I had more cardigans that would go with my dresses so I could still wear my summer dresses.
Aww Emily, all the pretty floral details in your outfit! Very adorable and fantastic shoes. Hope you survived your day after Easter dentists appointment. I'm always completely dodging mine.
I love this dress! Super pretty!
awww how sweet that your mum gave you guys easter baskets!! :) so they're just filled with chocolate eggs?
I don't actually celebrate it over here but I've always loved the idea of kids running around backyards looking for the hidden eggs... Btw, what actually happens to tie-dyed eggs? I mean are they just for decoration or do you guys actually eat them after that?? :P
This dress is beautiful. The colours are so soft and pretty. You look lovely.
Post a Comment