I happened upon this dress during a random Etsy perusal a few days prior to my birthday. I couldn't escape its lure - it was calling my name and staring me down through the vast sea of heyisellvintagestuff pixels. A dress is a tricky thing to buy without trying on first, but I put faith in this little frock and hoped for the best. And I really, really hoped as I couldn't quite believe my luck in finding such a dress. I mean, a nice & small floral print in one of my favorite color combinations, good sleeve length, and scalloped detail - how often does that happen? I wish I could give a high-five to whoever dreamed this dress up! After receiving it (it arrived on my birthday, no less!), I couldn't be happier with the way it fits. My only gripe is that I can't decide if the length makes my legs look stumpy, but that could be because I chose to wear flat sandals with it.
Vintage dress: Etsy, Sunglasses: Aldo, Belt: thrifted
Bracelets: borrowed from Mumsie, Sandals: Seychelles

Bracelets: borrowed from Mumsie, Sandals: Seychelles

P.S. I finished reading O Pioneers! by Willa Cather last night. I had to put it down for a few days (with only a few pages left to go) because I was so distraught at the thought of it coming to an end. Sigh. I wanted to fill my summer with a variety of books and authors, but I feel the urge now to delve into Cather's other works. I plan on starting The Song of the Lark tomorrow and am most eager to read My Ántonia after that. I've heard such wonderful things about it. After having such a preoccupation with frontier life (and the like) for nearly as long as I can remember it's a wonder I've waited this long to read the works of Willa Cather.


16 comments:
I love your sunglasses, so sassy on you. I don't think your legs look stumpy at all, but I do know knee length sometimes makes me feel matronly, too.
Off to check out your summer reading recs!
I love the dress! The print is beautiful! I love your glasses too! Be sure to enter to win £100 ASOS Voucher!
x
www.lostinthehaze.com
It really does fit you well! I think I saw on twitter or something when you bought this. The colours are lovely, and the length is perfectly normal. I think it's nice to have a dress of this length; covers you up a bit while still letting air circulate.
Sorry you're not having any luck in your polka-dot dress searches; I really wasn't looking for anything of the sort myself (of course) and wasn't even going to buy it as it's just slightly on the small side. But all's well that ends well.
P.P.S. May I use a picture of your braid (from a little while ago) in a details post some time next week?
Oh dear, this dress is perfect! I love the print and colours, the details AND the lenght! Looks amazing on you, I wouldn't alter it.
It is very hard to find such perfect dresses, I seem to try and look for something impossible, every pretty dress I encounter seems to have a flaw, like length or so. But this one is really lovely.
And also, the simple yet oh so stylish way you accessorized with those great sunglasses, bangles, belt and ring is absolutely perfect!
its gorgeous and the length is just right!
You are most definitely right, the print on this number is just super cute. And I do love the color of it on you! With those fantastic green specs (what a hue!), this outfit is just perfect!
I do the same thing with books I love but don't want to end, which is why I always have a string of books strewn about in multiple places around my house. And I have never read Willa Cather. I suppose I should, but right now I am obsessed with James Fenimore Cooper (ok, I HAVE been obsessed for about 2 years now, but am a super slow reader).
Yes, the dress is so lovely! You did well and of course you look gorgeous in it with your green sunnies. Isn't green your favourite colour?!
A book I didn't want to end was The Other Hand by Chris Cleave.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the length of this dress! I tend to think I only "need" heels if a skirt falls below the knee, although even in those cases I have to question why I should ever feel compelled to wear heels. As the saying goes, rules are made to be broken. Anyway, this dress is a very pretty Etsy find, and I especially like the scalloped detail. And I love your mint sunglasses!
1. Yay Willa Cather!
2. The dress is gorgeous (scalloped details - yes please!) and does not make you look stumpy at all.
3. I like the matching sunglasses, very old school glamour :)
4. Thank you for the interesting comments on my new blog - very true and I enjoyed reading them.
That really is a cunning little dress! The pattern is so delicate. I am much to scared to order dresses online. Unless I have one just like it from some big store, it probably isn't happening.
Oh, and your glasses? They are fantastic! I love that color and shape on you.
Beautiful dress. I love the print and the elements of green in this outfit.
Lovely : )
i think this dress is lovely on you! i have been drawn to longer dress lengths lately as well -- matronly or not, i still like them!
gorgeous!! love the vintage feel to the whole outfit!!
What a pretty dress! It looks lovely on you!
Lucky girl! The pattern of your dress is very beautiful.
Post a Comment