I'm convinced one of the best things about June is the arrival of peonies. Maybe it's the best thing; watching their buds slowly open and noting the few overeager petals peeking through before the rest of the bloom is ready. Then... hello blossom! Everyone is happy to see them: humans, bumblebees and butterflies alike.
There was only a short window to be out enjoying the sunshine today. The pup and I ventured out through intermittent rain showers to play and laze around the yard. She and I are good friends, but she had a bad case of missing my brother today. The poor thing gets so sad when he's not at home. She's sly, though, and knows how to work a tummy rub out of me. And I can't resist petting those soft, velvety ears.
It was also a good day for a quick little D.I.Y. session. I have a small collection of old desk and skeleton keys and decided to put one of the neglected rusty ones to good use. All I needed was some emery cloth from the hardware store and velvet ribbon from the craft store and a new necklace was born. Oddly enough, all of my old keys seem to end up as necklaces. Is that too much of a good thing? Nah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






12 comments:
Oh I looove old keys, really nice :)
The peonies and the print on your dress are so pretty. Your necklace made from an antique key is way cooler than those fancy-schmancy Tiffany key necklaces...hahaha. Great DIY idea!
Are those peonies on your dress as well? I love the print on that gorgeous dress! WOuld have loved to see some full shots! And the shoe/paw photo is just adorable. I wish I could get one of my cats to do that with me. They would probably claw my shoes to death, first though. haha.
And lovely DIY idea! I love old keys, but can never find any. Ok, more like, never think of searching for them whenever I'm in an antique/thrift place. My loss, totally, because this is simply delightful! I must make a necklace out of old keys! especially because of this shopping fast I've consigned myself to!
That actually sounds like quite a productive day! Taking pictures of flowers, petting the dog, and making a necklace. I have had a necklace in my "to make" mental queue for almost a month now; I really have to get on it!
The peonies are gorgeous, and I like the teasing "not quite outfit" nature of this post.
P.S. I feel I may be leaning towards that damn dress...
very pretty. i love the old key necklaces. my dog hates it when my husband leaves. she loves him best. good thing we have two dogs :)
@Emily - Haha, yes. Productively lazy ;)
Peonies are so nice, but I like even more the word than the flower, don't know why though ahah. And I like that they match your Garden Collection dress (am I right?) ;)
I also have a "thing" for key necklaces, I love my selfmade one and am so sorry to lost the first that I made :| need to find more old keys! Yours turned out lovely!
PS: Your brother's puppy is always a nice guest to see on your blog, she's so cute!
Your skeleton key idea is so good :) I will have to try it! I love the little glimpses of your floral dress too :)
that feet (and paw) photo is just perfect :) and I love what we can see of your dress, so pretty!
I pretty much love everything you've featured in this post. I'm serious, Emily!!!
Aw puppy!
And your key necklace is very cool. Dominic and I used to have a bunch of keys like that (for a desk that is now being stored at my parents home) but they all broke. Cheap metal or something, they twisted right apart!
Such a gorgeous pup! Love what you did with the key. I saw a whole bunch of there last weekend at the antiques fair, now Im wishiong I picked one up!
Post a Comment