Earlier this year I was on the hunt for a roll of black and white film. Sadly, such a thing is not as easy to find as it once was. I eventually found some at a drugstore with a pretty hefty price tag attached to it. I know that analog photography is going by the wayside and film prices have steadily increased over the last few years, but it was still extreme sticker shock! The last time I remember buying b&w film was in 2009 and I didn't pay $7+ for it. Ugh. I was sharing these woes with my good blogging friend Anna and she so sweetly included a roll for me during one of our photo swaps. It was such a nice surprise! This roll of b&w film spent the better part of July in my camera and I finally got it developed about a month ago. And here I am finally sharing (some of) the results.
Camera: Nikon FM 10
Film: Lucky SHD 100
P.S. Thanks again Anna!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
Ooh, the second photo is a stunner! What kind of flower is that? It's amazing how different things look without color... These looks really different than just editing them on the computer!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
These are so cool! I really like how you captured some older-looking signs. I was just rewatching the 1940 Grapes of Wrath film the other night and thinking about how beautiful black and white looks.
I always enjoy your photography adventures, Emily. These have a certain melancholy to them, with the leaning flower and sign, which contrasts with the crystal sharpness and apparent bright sunshine in the image.
I love the moodiness of the photos, but with some texture to them. Black and white is so unpredictable but these are great, Emily.
Oh yes. Film prices are pretty criminal these days. Especially the particular film I like. I do think it's worth it though :) That was such a nice thing of Anna to send. She's such a sweetie. And your B&W photos!!! I think you've got a particular eye for black and white, Emily. You may have found a really great niche for you. You picked up on some beautiful different shades and textures. I have a lot of trouble seeing in B&W personally but you don't appear to have that problem :)
you're really talented!
These are beautiful. I especially like the lone flower leaning on the wood. The details in black and white film are so extraordinary. With regular film you can get distracted by all the color and completely miss the details.
online shopping is where it is at. it's the easiest and cheapest place to acquire it.
Love these! Great job, Emily!
I suppose that is just the way of the world. Out with the old, in with the new! I have a funny feeling that it'll be back soon though... like polaroids :)
these are wonderful Emily! I'm so glad you put the BW film to excellent use! :D
Don't you just love how BW somehow adds a certain depth/emotion to some photographs. You can't help but pay closer attention to textures and shadows, and it adds more character to the photo (if that makes any sense at all!)
Post a Comment