Tuesday, November 29, 2011

This and That




     I thought I'd share a little assortment of some of my favorite things at the moment:

  1. While searching for a misplaced trinket, I came across this crocheted lace and ribbon barrette tucked away in a box. Unworn and still in its packaging, I remembered buying it at H&M some 6 or 7 years ago when my hair was much shorter and unable to hold a barrette. Finding it was such a nice surprise considering I didn't find what I was originally looking for! Side note: I didn't realize how long my hair is until taking the above photo today. I have been thinking of lopping a few inches off...
  2. I haven't quite gotten into the "Christmas mood" yet, but I think this CD will help me get there. I ordered it from Amazon last week and, to be honest, I was really giddy when it arrived yesterday. It is such a beautiful compilation. One listen was all it took for me to love it. As corny as this is going to sound, I can't wait to play it while sitting next to the wood stove and watching the snow fall. Cozy thoughts!
  3. Sshh! Don't tell my other favorite teas that this is my new favorite. It is so good.

Tell me, what are some of your favorite things right now?

10 comments:

Blair said...

That colonial Christmas CD looks wonderful! You'll have to let us all know how it sounds. :)

The Semi Sweet said...

I really enjoy some colonial Christmas music. It really puts me in a good mood:)

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

I love love love the hair barrette! <3 What a treat to rediscover it!

x
Lost in the Haze

Raquel said...

Oh my my my! Your hair is absolutely beautiful, the pretty barrette only enhances it. I was thinking of cutting mine shoulder length again, but now you made me want long hair again!

I am loving Christmas songs right now too (as I always do this time of the year), nuttela on toast (yum) and my new white beanie with a pompom.

Heather, 29 Skirts said...

Your hair is so gorgeous! The CD and tea look very relaxing...I love chamomile tea but have never tried one with lavender.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Welcome back, Emily! That new tea looks wonderful, if only for the name. Brewhaha indeed! I'm liking everything about the first picture, from the barette to your glossy hair (I wish mine would grow that long) to the cardigan...

Anonymous said...

Emily, your hair looks amazing! I want my hair to be that long NOW! And that barrette is too cute. :) I've been listening to Christmas music since before Thanksgiving. I shouldn't be listening to it, though, because it makes me spend more money.

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Courtney said...

i really love that photo of you looking out the window with your back to the camera. so pretty.

Imogen said...

Your hair is so stunning. I'd do anything to have your hair. You should totally leave it that long. I love your hair piece. How exciting to discover something you haven't used from a while ago.

Unknown said...

You're one of my favourite people always, Emily :)!!! I love the simplicity of the barette against your dark hair. Christmas is fast approaching. I just decorated the apartment last night with fairy lights, a paper doilly garland, and a silver Christmas tree with cake ornaments :)