Friday, December 23, 2011
Good Tidings
I couldn't resist sharing this sweet inscription from inside one of my great-grandmother's books. A book she received for Christmas in 1898, no less! I only happened upon this just recently and apart from how delighted I was at the discovery, it was rather seasonally appropriate.
Merry Christmas, dear readers. I hope your celebrations are happy and joyful. To those who may not celebrate Christmas, I wish you joy and peace all the same. Good tidings to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Ohh, this is so cute! <3 I love finding messages in old books - and so special when it is family too!
x
Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog
Ah, your great-grandmother's book... a lovely Christmas souvenir from centuries past!
A very Merry Christmas to you too, Emily. I hope your plans include family, food, and a fireplace or two to send messages up. Happiest of holidays!
I LOVE it, Emily! And...it's a seasonally appropriate story for girls! Cute!!
Happy Christmas to you and yours!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
this is so sweet!!!happy holidays!!!
mysteryfishbowl.blogspot.com
You mean it wasn't 1998? ;) Crazy! Hope your Christmas was merry and bright! <3
I hope you had a Merry Christmas Emily. Happy Holidays to you and best wishes for 2012.
Post a Comment