Vintage cardigan: thrifted, Blouse: Jason Wu for Target
Ring: hand-me-down, Shorts: H&M, Shoes: Steve Madden
Ring: hand-me-down, Shorts: H&M, Shoes: Steve Madden
I realized today that I hadn't set up the ol' tripod for an outfit shoot since December. "Might as well document this one," I thought. I'm not sure how much I like it, though. I think it looked better in my head than in reality, or, maybe it's just that it's rather spring-y and it's not quite spring yet...
Speaking of spring, I have a feeling that this blouse will be my go-to item when the temperatures start to climb. I was pleasantly surprised to get my little mitts on it as I had waited about four days to scope out the Jason Wu for Target collection in person. I wasn't expecting much to be left by the time I got there, but I still was holding on to some hope because the Target I frequent is out of the way and in a nearly run down shopping mall. Hope prevailed.




12 comments:
Look at the bits of snow clinging to the ground! I can't remember the last time I even saw snow in my area, which I consider a blessing. :) But I love this springy outfit; it's very vintagey and looks adorable... and the blouse's color is great on you! Solid find. :) Miss you and look forward to chatting soon!
I like it, especially without the cardie. It IS springy, but that's a good thing!
I think it's just the right amount of colour to brighten up February!
Also, your hair looks really nice short. Ironically though, it was your long hair that inspired me to grow mine out again! :)
That is a very good find... and out of the way locations of big stores are always the best. One of the few good things from spending my youth in a suburb! I actually like the proportions of the outfit and the colours, but I know how it is when your body and the weather have not quite caught up to each other...
Gah, first your hair looks great! I will get mine cut too, soon hopefuly!
And that is a lovely blouse, lucky you for still finding it! I like hidden locations too, the house I lived before here in London was not in a very "hip" place so the charity shop had amazing things that escaped most people's hands and were cheap, as now the charity shops close to me are overpriced and I can't find as good stuff as I did before, so it is good being near out of the place shops!
PS: Again, that blouse is awesome and I can't wait to see you wearing it in the Spring!
I love the Jason Wu top! A few of my friends (fellow book-clubbers) went to Target right when it opened, but my in-laws were in town so I didn't make it :( The top looks perfect on you. Such a pretty color.
Love the front pleat on that blouse & you look so pretty in that color! Super cute little detailing on the cardi too. And hmm I actually wish it didn't feel like spring here already.. and had such a beautiful forest near where I am. Is that near your home?
http://dusanabotswana.com/
you? out of practice? you're a natural! I am so loving the whole effect of the new 'do! I am also really envious of your Jason Wu find. There wasn't anything left when I finally got to my Target. boooo.
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
your hair looks cute! and that blouse is lovely and the cardigan is so sweet!
Well I think the blouse held on for you, Emily, because clearly you two are a perfect match. Love everything about it - colour, pleats, turned up sleeves. A beautiful colour on you.
I really like everything about this outfit! It's freezing where I am so imagining myself wearing it in these temperatures made me shiver but I think its super cute. I'm just not very good in cold temperatures. Everyone else seems to do much better than me in them. The colors are brilliant together and look really beautiful on you. I can easily see how this top would get loads of wear come spring.
Lovely place and liked your outfit!
You look adorable.
Post a Comment