Thursday, February 16, 2012

Shorter locks and Snow




There is a rare sight outside today: snow. It won't stay for long, as has been the case this winter, but I am resolved to revel in its prettiness while it lasts. Oh, and early last week I visited my favorite salon out-Albany-way and had my tresses trimmed. After sporting a side braid for most of January it was time for something new. I'm loving the fun that comes with a fresh haircut, but I know one of these days I'll absentmindedly reach back to braid it and won't find much to work with.

What else is new? Just the usual cycle of working, reading (The Hound of the Baskervilles and The Remains of the Day), and watching TV on DVD (mostly Downton Abbey and The Vicar of Dibley). I did take the train to Boston this past weekend to visit with my dear friend Erin. We had a marvelous time adventuring along both the south and north shores, namely shopping in Braintree and wandering around Salem (on quite possibly the coldest day this winter thus far, mind you). I did not, however, capture any of these moments on camera which was rather uncharacteristic of me, I know. It is good to note, though, that photographs aren't always necessary to remind us of the fun we have.

P.S. I am aware that all of my entertainment choices of late are of the British variety. Sometimes that just happens.

6 comments:

Diana said...

I love the new hair. how is it? liberating? i'm thinking of chopping mine off, too.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Your hair looks lovely and fresh from what we see of it here. Nothing like a good haircut to clear the air. And I rather envy a bit of snow... it's been fairly cold here, but no snow so therefore not very enjoyable. We got a few flakes a couple of weeks ago and nobody went to work or school!

Lexie said...

i love your swingy haircut! so pretty!

Raquel said...

Awww, I want to see more of that hair!
We had only a couple of days of snow here, that photo you saw on facebook was the top of it, hehe

Unknown said...

hi there, just stumbled in.

the snow is melting in europe, and the sun is right behind it.

i've recently discovered maugham. wonderful writer!

edit: oops, trying again with word verification....

Anonymous said...

You cutsied your hairsies! :) I wanna see a picture with your gorgeous face in it, Emily! You are so courageous to get your hair cut that short! I have been toying with the idea, but now that it's this length and not damaged, I dunno if I can.

The snow looks beautiful. When I woke up this morning, it was also snowing, but it didn't stick. I do think the stuff's pretty, but with the winds here, it just gets icy!

I wish I had more time so I could re-read A.C. Doyle and actually start watching Downtown Abbey. (I have a marathon date scheduled, but I dunno if it will happen:( )
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights