Toward the end of last summer and beginning of autumn, I decided to try out the half-frame format on my Diana Mini. Setting the camera to half-frame allows you to stretch a single roll of 35mm film much further than it would typically go. While on this setting it will produce a maximum of 72 photos. Fun! Despite my excitement and eagerness over this trial run, it took me forever to get this particular roll of film developed. It languished in my camera bag whilst I did who knows what for months and months. Ah, so things go sometimes!
Note: When I get my photos developed I always have the film transferred to an archival disc (for easy uploading and what not) as well. However, due to their unconventional formatting, my Diana Mini photos usually get squeezed together in the spaces meant for typical 4x6 frames. Sometimes I'll crop and separate them before uploading, but didn't much feel like it this time around. In fact, I thought many of these frames looked rather complimentary side by side.
Camera: Diana Mini
Film: Kodak Gold 200
More photos from this set can be found on my Flickr.
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
They're really lovely!
Wow! 72 photos! That's really a kind of endless roll!
I have the Diana F+ that comes with a frame mask too but if I decide to use it the number of shots (usually 12) increases only of 4!
They do go remarkably well together! I'm impressed that you seem to get some quite normal results from your Diana... most people's seem to be chaotically overlaid. Keep clicking away!
Emily, through your photos, it seems like you live in such a beautiful wonderland. I totes want to visit one day.
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights
Post a Comment