Saturday, November 15, 2008

Puff Sleeves

I am procrastinating again. The damp and dreary day is the perfect setting for tackling my text book, but I just feel like something cheery/exciting/fabulous should be happening instead. Sigh. I would like to get through at least two more chapters this afternoon. It is without a doubt completely doable, however my interest level hasn't been at full attention lately. Press on and endure I must!

I do have something fun to look forward to this evening. Each Saturday PBS airs an episode of Keeping Up Appearances. I go over to my grandmother's to watch with her and we usually end up in stitches laughing over Hyacinth's social climbing escapades.

Other things that are always fun: puff sleeves & cameos!

Jacket: vintage, thrift shop
Cameo brooch: dollar store (Yes! $1!)
Blouse: Gap, Jeans: Old Navy, Shoes: Target

I affectionately call the jacket in these photos my "Elizabeth Bennet jacket." It is the closest I have come to finding something as beautiful & elegant as all the Regency-era costumes I've seen in Jane Austen adaptations. Is it funny to give articles of clothing names? In addition to my "Elizabeth Bennet jacket," I also have my "nerd cardigan," "Peter Pan tights," and "Laura Petrie* dress." I guess my reasoning for this is that naming pieces of clothing makes them all the more fun to wear!

*For who may not know, Laura Petrie is the character played by Mary Tyler Moore on The Dick Van Dyke Show.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your jacket. It's really cute!

Andrea Eames said...

Oh, you look lovely! Your jacket is so gorgeous, and I love the cameo. :D

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

nadine & a cat of impossible colour, thank you for the sweet comments :)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Great jacket.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

the clothes horse - thanks!