These are some ornaments my mother and I made recently. After seeing them on display while out shopping one day she came home with little stars, little bells, a bundle of raffia, and a plan to recreate them. They are currently hanging from a small tree with white lights atop my Mum's dresser. In addition to our "big" tree, we also put up one or two small trees here & there. In fact, there was one year when every room in the house had a tree in it!
Ever since we purchased these little reindeer they have been some of my favorite decorations. I just find them to be so sweet. Mum actually didn't have them out yet, so I had to rummage through a box of decorations out in the garage so they could make their appearance.
And here I am today:
Cardigan: H&M
Scarf: Marshall's
Corduroys: thrifted, J.Crew
Scarf: Marshall's
Corduroys: thrifted, J.Crew
The corduroys I am wearing are one of my favorite thrift store purchases. The color is what initially drew me to them. They appear to be almost a rusty-burgundy. The color reminds me of Tuscany. Rich, earthy, beautiful. Aside from that, they fit perfectly. I was almost certain when I pulled them off the rack that there would be a problem with the the size. To my surprise, the inside tag read "petite." Oh happy day!

11 comments:
what a beautiful scarf!
I loooove the small reindeers... so cute!
I love the lace on the table and that wallpaper is amazing. Nice outfit.
copperoranges - thank you!
nadine - thank you. reindeer are such beautiful creatures.
amelia - thank you. i really like the wall paper too!
Wow, those are simply beautiful...
Cute reindeer! Aw :)
the paper doll - thank you :)
a cat of impossible colour - thank you :)
Those reindeer are adorable!
the clothes horse - thank you :)
i can't believe that scarf was found at marshall's! i totally underestimate what can be found at tj maxx, ross, and the like. i love it. it's a such a pretty color. and thanks for the comment. i've added you to my blog roll too! :)
toni
toni - thanks! it was such a fun find!
Post a Comment