Thursday, February 26, 2009

Show me that smile

I was recently tagged by Milk to complete the 6 Things that Make Me Smile tag. Thank you, Miss Milk!

6 Things that Make Emily Smile:

♥ A tall glass of ice-cold water with a slice of lemon. In terms of refreshment nothing else is superior!

♥ Seeing loved ones happy. Three of my friends are getting married this year. Let the happiness abound!

♥ Waking at dawn to enjoy the morning calm and the chirp of song-filled birds.

♥ Sweet baked goods. Sometimes the aroma from the kitchen is almost as satisfying as taking the first bite.

♥ Spreading a blanket on the lawn in the summertime in preparation to lounge around and read a good book.

♥ Living in the countryside. Sure, it has its drawbacks, but the pace of life is welcoming and I never tire of rural charms. Here is a photo taken in my hometown:

I am passing the tag along to
tis serendipity, Emily Anne and Blair.
:)

22 comments:

Amelia said...

I think I'm mostly a city girl, but I'd love to spend time in the countryside. I just want to lay in some massive field and watch the clouds go by.

muchlove said...

The smell of sweet baked goods can be oh so heavenly :)

Toni said...

how fun that you live in the country. it totally reminds me of being in the 1800's. wearing long skirts, bonnets, and like you said, laying a blanket on the grass in summertime to read a good book. :)

tis serendipity said...

Aww i love tags! =DD thank you thank you thank you so much for tagging me haha!! I'm so excited about it XD can't wait to post about it.
Oh gosh I just realized I haven't posted about that blog award you gave too (sorry about the procrastination) (i wish there weren't ever any exams ><) Will definitely be posting about these two things real soon!

And woww I like the idea of dyeing the jeans actually! =) I've never tie-dyed anything before but that idea's gotten me really excited... will have to check out how to do that. Yayy quite a lot of diy projects to work on i guess i'll have to do so after the school term ends... Thanks very much! =) Have you tried tie dyeing stuff before?

Raquel said...

we have similar interests except for living in the countryside, my family house is there and I hate it. though that's because I don't have a car to leave whenever I want, because the peace it's wonderfull!
have a lovely weekend darling :)

yiqin; said...

Ah so sweet! Shoes make me smile. Anything, really! I always get in & out of moods very quickly.

Q's Daydream said...

All those things make me smile too! :o)

Lexie said...

awww i love weddings! they definitely make me smile as well.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Amelia - I'd like to experience the hustle & bustle of living in a nice city.

Much Love - Mmm, you're absolutely right!

Bare.Peppermint.Fashions - Haha, every now & again I see old fashioned wagons on peoples' lawns and almost expect a bonnet donning person to climb up into it!

Tis Serendipity - You are very welcome :)

Raquel - It is nice to get away every once in a while. You're right though, nothing beats the peacefulness :)

Yiqin - I know what you mean about getting in & out of moods quickly. I could have put so many other things on my list...

Q's Daydream - Yay for smiles! :)

Copperoranges - Smile and cry! :)

chelsea said...

I love the idea of spreading a blanket out on the lawn and reading, but whenever I've tried it I either get too hot or I get bugs crawling on me! Maybe I just pick the wrong lawns...

Unknown said...

I love your answers to this tag and the fact that every single one of the things you chose are such simple, beautiful, and inexpensive things!

Ariella said...

How sweet! I am attracted to all those things as well... reading a book on a blanket in the summertime is lovely indeed.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Lovely things. I'm glad to have numerous reasons to smile lately.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Dearilou - That has happened to me plenty of times too! ;)

Ana - Thank you ever so much. I guess my list affirms the old adage, "money can't buy happiness" :)

Ariella - Thank you! The more I think about it the more I want to do so right now! Spring and summer please hurry :)

The Clothes Horse - Thank you. Yes, same here :)

Anonymous said...

oo lovely little quaint list. i wish we were back in the slow summer days :) baked goods and countryside sound perfect right now. where is your home town?

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Well, not only did they not use blue, but when describing blue items the ancients didn't have a term for that color and would use the same term as red. Most scientists now believe that they saw red, but they didn't value that color--the Greeks for example thought it was a bad color; they wouldn't wear it.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Jayne - Thank you :)

Raquel said...

thank you darling! I think I'll go for the red!

amy said...

I love refreshing ice water with a lemon too. Nothing makes me feel cleaner, and more refreshed! Also, thanks for commenting on my blog! Your blog is so intelligent, and full of wisdom. Stay wonderful xo

amy

Em said...

Thank you for the tag!xD I'll do it right now! Sorry it took so long to get back...I love your 6 things they are so sweet. Your hometown is beautiful.

xoxo

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Amy - Spot on! I love how water holds cleans & refreshing qualities :) And thank you very much for your sweet words!

Emily Anne - You're welcome!
Thanks a bunch :)

Andrea Eames said...

Hi Emily! I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for leaving such a kind and thoughtful comment - I appreciate it greatly.

Andrea xx