lady grey mornings &
chamomile nights.
sweet as honey,
warm as spring.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Watching movies at night helps lull me to sleep...
...and this is often my go-to film of choice. I never tire of Pride and Prejudice pleasantly compacted into 2hours and 9minutes, although I usually save the longerversions (my favorites!) for lazy afternoons.
Kierra Knightly just isn't Elizabeth Bennet for me. She is to darn skinny. My favorite version of Pride and Prejudice is bollywoods Bride and Prejudice. Amazing. It really makes the story make sense for me, in a way that a bunch of white English people who all live in mansions and have servents can't.
Dearilou - Keira isn't my favorite Elizabeth Bennet either, but that doesn't deter me from the film's other good qualities such as the cinematography and art direction. And I agree, Bride and Prejudice does help take the story to a whole other level.
Oh! That's a fantastic go-to movie. I also like Lost in Austen, the original P&P, Twelfth Night with Imogen Stubbs and Mansfield Park with Billie Piper. I can watch that line-up straight in one day.
I love the book and also the movie. Though I agree with Blair, Keira it's too skinny to play Lizzy but she does a great job anyway. About Barcelona, yes I had a great time, you should visit! Is amazing! :) xx
I love Pride and Prejudice. I can't wait until I have time to watch movies, which fortunately is very soon. I'm so close to spring break and yet I have so much to do.
Aww I love Pride and Prejudice but I've only watched the BBC version before with the incredibly sexy Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle... I guess I should check out the Bollywood one and this Keira Knightley one. Which was your favorite? Ahh you make me feel like spending my afternoon watching a movie... =)
Please respect that all the images shared on this blog are my own unless otherwise noted. I ask that you contact me prior to using my images elsewhere or at least provide a link back to my blog. Thank you!
For the time being, this blog is advertisement and sponsorship free. Questions? Feel free to contact me.
9 comments:
Kierra Knightly just isn't Elizabeth Bennet for me. She is to darn skinny.
My favorite version of Pride and Prejudice is bollywoods Bride and Prejudice. Amazing. It really makes the story make sense for me, in a way that a bunch of white English people who all live in mansions and have servents can't.
Dearilou - Keira isn't my favorite Elizabeth Bennet either, but that doesn't deter me from the film's other good qualities such as the cinematography and art direction. And I agree, Bride and Prejudice does help take the story to a whole other level.
I adore this version!
It's true, Keira is waaay to skinny to be the perfect Elizabeth, but I thought that this film was breathtaking.
(The soundtrack is also really beautiful...)
:)
Oh! That's a fantastic go-to movie. I also like Lost in Austen, the original P&P, Twelfth Night with Imogen Stubbs and Mansfield Park with Billie Piper. I can watch that line-up straight in one day.
Hope you had a lovely weekend, gorgeous!
I love the book and also the movie. Though I agree with Blair, Keira it's too skinny to play Lizzy but she does a great job anyway.
About Barcelona, yes I had a great time, you should visit! Is amazing!
:)
xx
the only jane austen i've ever read is emma! i really think i should read the book before seeing the movie, right? i guess i should get on this.
Never watched this movie I think I should..I've read The three sisters from Jane Austen and I loved it !
I love Pride and Prejudice. I can't wait until I have time to watch movies, which fortunately is very soon. I'm so close to spring break and yet I have so much to do.
Aww I love Pride and Prejudice but I've only watched the BBC version before with the incredibly sexy Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle... I guess I should check out the Bollywood one and this Keira Knightley one. Which was your favorite? Ahh you make me feel like spending my afternoon watching a movie... =)
Post a Comment