
A few days ago I found a postcard tucked into the pages of a book I borrowed from the library. I turned the card over in quick anticipation hoping to see a message scrawled there, but found it blank instead. Still, I like the idea of discovering someone's forgotten bookmark - a little lost trinket of everyday life that happens to end up in the lap of a stranger. When I finish the book (The Road To Yesterday by L.M. Montgomery), I'll tuck the postcard back into place and pass the surprise on to someone else.
19 comments:
I like the idea of leaving small trinkets or notes inside library books!
oh how fun would that be! yes that sounds lovely! im so glad you put it back so that someone else might get that same little treasure surpise!
i love finding notes and receipts and things in library books as well. it's a nice surprise.
How sweet! Books really can contain some unexpected surprises...
super cool.
if you like looking at things that are found...
check out the book found.
it's kinda like the post secret that no one wanted to share with the world.
What a cool surprise! You should take the postcard and put in something of your own, maybe with instructions for the next person. That would be so fun, even if you never saw the results of it.
Nice ! That happens to me a lot when I borrow a book, once I found a love letter it was cute but I felt bad reading it, it's so personnal !
Thats so cool when things like that happen.The picture is beautiful.
How nice! I also love the idea... an unexpected find that makes you wonder who left it there, why and when...
C.Elizabeth
lovely surprise :D
xx
How exciting! I'm sure the next person will enjoy the surprise just as much as you did! Have a lovely weekend, Emily!
Discovering bookmarks and notes in books is really awesome indeed, I even like it when I find old library bills inside a book
Sometimes I purposely leave notes in library books. Either about parts of the book I liked, or I'll just write something nice.
Most people actually dress up on Norway's constitution day - either in a national costume like me (there are lots of variants depending on where you come from) or in something nice, which you wear throughout the day. The entire day is huge over here, with organized parades in which schoolchildren and musical bands take part, and where everyone else watches. The streets are crowded with people, and you eat good food, and celebrate.
love this idea!
Oo, how exciting! When I was little I would leave messeges all over. I wrote on the bottoms of drawers in dressers or bedside tables (which were later sold at garage sale), and I left a note inside a crack in the wall of my closet. Dude. I haven't thought of that in years. I need to go back to my parents house and read it! I bet it is full of love for Leonardo DiCaprio and my elementary school crushes...
How was the book, by the way? I love LM Montgomery.
I just love love LOVE Anne and all her adventures. I didn't even know that LMM had short stories. Now I have to run out and pick them up right away!
subowbob is the verification word. It makes me giggle.
Yya, i love finding hidden things too.
Heyy!! haha i'm back from tokyo! =) catching up on blog reading now...
aww that is so nice, finding a postcard in a library book. I really like the idea of continuity when it comes to books... or clothes for that matter. 2nd hand stuff always has that unique appeal to me...
i remember reading about a blogger who would leave little colored stones with smiley faces (i think?) in random places for strangers to hopefully see and smile about. i like the idea of that =)
Post a Comment