Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A calculated casualty

For several years now I've been channeling my inner nerd with the epitome of nerdyness, a calculator watch. I knew my days of wearing this fine piece of black plastic and gadgetry on my wrist were numbered earlier in the week when I detected a crack in its strap. Sadly, yesterday was its last outing for awhile. My plan is to find a replacement strap, but until then I will miss all of the quirky features I needlessly incorporate into my days (dual time setting, alarm, stop watch - hehe).
Do you have a story about a lost/broken well-loved accessory? Share it!

10 comments:

elena-lu said...

a watch! i only have the face but refuse to let it go so i use a ribbon to wear it!

Erin Cathleen said...

OH NO! Not the calculator watch! :( I am truly mourning this day. I've envied this nerdtastic accessory of yours for years!

And I have many a lost/broken accessory story, since I lose/break things all the time. My favorite seems to be sunglasses. :P I own about five or six busted pairs that live on my dresser and simply refuse to be discarded!

chelsea said...

Oh, I am sorry dear. The boy had one of those when I first met him but it broke too. He was in the car and it snapped off. We guess it flew under a seat because we could never find it, though we could hear it beeping five minutes to every hour. We sold the car without ever finding it...

Amelia said...

This is so cool! I'd love to see it with an outfit.

yiqin; said...

OMG I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED A CALCULATOR WATCH!!!

Imogen said...

Very practical, there are many benefits to a calculator watch. I gave you an award on my blog.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I broke my watch too! But I'm hoping it can be fixed...

The Sydney Girl said...

oh nooo!!! how annoying that it broke on you! you'll have to find another 'nerdy' one! :P

Yes, how wonderful was the VOGUE cover!!? I would love to see the inside! I'm currently reading a book about vogue, and how fashion has changed through time. Very interesting.

xxx

Unknown said...

Oh rats. I bet the calc watch is terribly handy too. Wouldn't it be cool to find a patterned strap for it? Something with flowers or checks etc.

I carted some opal stud earrings from the Philippines all the way back to NZ only to open up my luggage and to find it had broken!!! Before I'd even worn it :(

Ariella said...

Oh, no, can you not go somewhere to get it fixed?

I often tend to break lovely accessories... I'm very clumsy.