Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tried and True


I think I need a new pair of Converse All Stars in my life. The last pair I had was in high school - versatile and beautiful navy blue that accompanied me on many teenage adventures. As a youngster I had a maroon pair, perhaps my favorite just because of the fun and quirky pizazz that only maroon shoes could possess. For a while now I've been craving a pair in either ''Optical white'' (pictured above) or classic white (slightly darker and more canvas-y looking). I plan on shopping around for the best price, so I'll just take what I can find. Either way, I cannot wait to slip my feet into them!

Tell me, is there a certain pair of shoes you keep coming back to?

(image source)

19 comments:

yiqin; said...

Ah I need to wear my converse out more! Hahaha I am desperate for a pair of low cuts.

Em said...

I think it would have to be my converses I keep coming back too! I actually wish I had a pair of good walking shoes that werent my converses or running shoes, but have not found a pair yet. But i love my converses. I have the black high tops.

xoxo

chelsea said...

I lived my life in converse until just recently. In childhood I had oh so many pairs, my favorite being a pair of lime green high tops that I got and wore the day I saw Titanic in the theater. In high school I would go to this little record store and get my chucks. The store had back stock of old Made In USA pairs, and I had auburn, orange, magenta, grey, etc. I still have my orange pair, but they look so run down. I would still wear them today, but I finally realized why my mum labeled them my "clown shoes." I wear size 11 and while ballet flats and wedges hie that fact, converse put my big feet right out there.
With that long winded story, the shoe I always go back to is a classic Mary Jane. I can't get enough! Especially in patent.

C.Elizabeth and Natalia said...

Hmmm... Quite a difficult question. I would say I keep going back to simple flat ballerina type of shoes... due to how comfy they are. Though, I love experimenting and getting new style of shoes all the time.

C.Elizabeth

GraceFace said...

I have a pair of Vans that I'm absolutely in love with! I bought them last year, and they're rather battered, as they've been on quite a few adventures with me...
I 'm pretty sure I'm never going to throw them out, too many memories!

Amelia said...

I love my floral convere, but they don't really go with anything I own, so I've been thinking about getting the more basic black or white. I hope you find a good deal!

Lexie said...

i have a black pair and a white pair! the optic white look so good when you spill coffee grounds on them!

muchlove said...

I think I had a black one when I was in high school.
I'm all for flat comfy shoes!

Malena said...

i love white converse, they have a certain look that none of the colorful ones can bring.

certain shoes i keep coming back to? i'd say brown doc martens. i have two pairs of dms already, but the brown just has such an authentic feel

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I'm all about Converse--the basic black ones. Flats in general are something I keep returning to.

Imogen said...

I would like to buy a pair of these too. I like the white converse shoes the most.

Ariella said...

To be honest I have never had a pair of converse, but they do look very comfortable. And I like the look of the classic ones a lot.

I always keep buying simple ballerinas - which I find very comfortable... it's just too sad that I can't wear them in the winter.

Elle said...

I consistently return to kitten heels...My first and second pair of heels were such and I still wear them frequently and have done so through all the shifts of my aesthetic :)

Anonymous said...

Nice shoes, it's great how there's always that label you come back to. For me, it's not so much a certain label, but flats. After wearing them, I don't think I could live with out them. I hope you get a new pair.

Lauren said...

I love Converse too! I had a pair of pink high tops throughout elementary school, and now I have a pair each of black and red plaid low tops. Marshall's stores usually have Converse for around $20, and everywhere else I've seen them they're usually around $40.

Julia said...

Tretorn T56

Diana said...

i love my white converse, too! the worst is buying a new pair. they are so WHITE

Anonymous said...

Black ballet flats. Timeless and comfy.

Unknown said...

For me - it's wedge heels. When I was studying, Cons were my go-to shoe. I still have them in different patterns and colours but now that I'm working, it's definitely wedge heels for me.