
Dress: Delia's, Locket: gift, Sunnies: Macy's, Vintage belt: thrifted, Moccasins: MinnetonkaI was an avid coin collector from roughly age 10 -13. I delighted in finding new coins to add to my collection and would proudly show them off to anyone who would lend me their eyes and ears (most often my grandfather). Family and friends were often generous in giving me some that were left over from traveling. My favorite finds, however, were those that somehow snuck into the circulation of US currency. Living within a few hours' drive of Canada, it is fairly common to find Canadian coins in your spare change. Happening upon pieces from The Bahamas and Bermuda always engaged my imagination by producing images of breathtaking beaches, soft sand, and colorful seashells.
I've decided to share my favorites from my North American collection. The idea was sparked this past weekend when I encountered one of the recently reissued buffalo nickels. If you're interested in checking out the details of the following coins, click to enlarge the photos.
I've decided to share my favorites from my North American collection. The idea was sparked this past weekend when I encountered one of the recently reissued buffalo nickels. If you're interested in checking out the details of the following coins, click to enlarge the photos.








15 comments:
Lovely outfit! That's a great dress, and I adore the vintage belt. Great find :)
Those coins look really interesting. How many coins do you have in your collection? I imagine it would be so fun going through them all.
thats a cool collection, and love your dress
My uncle works on a cruise ship, so he used to always bring me back foreign coins. I think they're really cool. Buffalo plaid is nice, too :)
my older brother was a coin collector up until high school. he still has his collection, i believe. i like collectors.
Okay 1) Amazing outfit! I love that dress. And that belt. And those mocs!
And 2) I once found an Indian Head penny in the till at work and traded it out to give to my father. But my favorite find ever has been a regular old penny, I think 1990-something or other, that someone inscribed (rather expertly) with the words I LOVE YOU inside a tiny heart. It is just so lovely. I wonder if it was intended for someone who carelessly spent it, or if there are more in circumlation?
1885!! that is awesome X) it's so nice to think about the number of hands it's passed through...
i love that dress of urs!! goes well with ur brown hair imo. and thank u so much for ur sweet comments X)) heh made my day.
oh ya, what do u mean by recently reissued nickels? have they not been in circulation for many years or sth? (heh sorry I know nuts abt this)
I love coins, I've always wanted to make a necklace using an old one. I'll never forget time in elementary school when paid using a Canadian quarter at the school store, and the kid in sixth grade running it thought it was pirate treasure or something because I guess he thought it looked pretty exotic :)
Cute look; that belt is great.
Aww the dress is perfection.
Wait a sec... buffalo plaid, buffalo nickel... I get it! Symmetry! Nice. ;) You know I have quite the little coin collection, too. Ahh, nerds. ^_^
I like your dress and the small flowers on the belt are cute. I think it would be really cool to collect coins or something like that. I tried stamp collecting once but it didn't last for very long. Your coins have such interesting designs.
oh the coins are amazing! I was a bookmarks collector by that age too and still have a box full of bookmarks :)
you look lovely darling, especially in the first picture. the dress and belt are so cute.
xx
love your look!
and my uncle collets stamps and he gets so intense when showing and talking about them! its fun to have something you love and are knowledgable
emily, you look sooo cool!
Post a Comment