Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lavender and Lupin




Shirt: Old Navy (little girls' dept.), Pants: Gap, Shoes: Target

I relaxed after work this evening by spending some time in my mother's garden. We have a delightful array of wildflowers, lavender, tomatoes, dill, parsley, basil, green beans, and zucchini, among other things. It felt more springlike than summer, but at least it wasn't raining (which has been the norm here lately).

"Every time you wake up and ask yourself, 'What good things am I going to do today?', remember that when the sun goes down at sunset, it will take a part of your life with it." -Indian Proverb

12 comments:

muchlove said...

The flowers look so pretty.
I will have to remember that proverb, to get me more motivated! I've never heard it before.

Raquel said...

hey darling! how have you been doing?!
it's great to have a little space in the garden to have those delightful herbs! I'd love to live in a place suited for that!
x

chelsea said...

Did you ever read that picture book when you were little, about the Lupin Lady? I don't remember the exact title, but the illustrations are just so lovely. Everytime I see lupins I think of that book.

elena-lu said...

what alovely way to relax and id not heard that proverb it does make one think!

Amelia said...

Lovely garden pictures! That skirt looks so cute. And that proverb is something I should think about more often.

GraceFace said...

I love that proverb, I'm going to try and remember it everyday!
Your garden looks absolutely adorable :)

Ariella said...

That looks and sounds so lovely. Gardens with herbs and vegetables are so lovely... it's great being able to pick them yourself instead of having to buy.

Lauren said...

I love the purple flowers! That proverb is so great, it's very true and a great motivation to live each day with purpose.

yiqin; said...

Such pretty flowers!I love the last shot :)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Oh, I love lupins!
P.S. The shell pendant was actually a gift from my mother years ago--it's dipped in gold. I tend to not list where my jewelry comes from b/c it's all so long and confusing...

Nicola said...

Lovely photos, I elaxed today too :)

C.Elizabeth and Natalia said...

Those photos are so relaxing... very pretty!

To answer your question (finally!), I have been in the UK for 2 years and 4 months now. It's a very good experience but I'm seriously home sick. I simply can't wait to move back but... what love can do! hehe We are planning on moving to my lovely Canada in the near future.

Sorry for late answer... been away from the blogging world for a little while as I was busy and not really inspired...

C.Elizabeth