
Bleak and cold are appropriate adjectives to describe this day. Wind chills have seemingly dipped the temperature to a raw 39F. The remaining golden and rust hued leaves cling stubbornly to their branches and the air smells like the on-set of snow. Snow. I am not ready for it quite yet, but I have a funny feeling there will be some on the ground come morning. Here's hoping that I'm wrong.When the weather is as uncooperative as it is today, I find it best to remain indoors preferably with a book and a cup of hot tea. Unfortunately, days like these also force one into doing certain chores that otherwise go ignored. Take for example: going to the laundromat.



And so, I made my way downtown, claimed "my" washing machine and "my" bench, and set my imagination forth with a preoccupying paperback.Tell me, what do you like to do on rainy days?
9 comments:
yea I would not be ready for snow yet either
typically I just read, but now that I'm back at school I must "study" haha
ughhh i feel like we got maybe two days of autumn and now it's just COLD! :'(
ah yes, a cold rainy day is the best time to stay snuggled up indoors with a good book and some hot chocolate.
Actually it was very cold and rainy last night, and let me tell you, I had some hot chocolate that was simply divine ;)
You make going to the Laundromat fun!♥
Hot tea and a good book usually do the trick for me. Or else an old movie and a warm blanket. I'm watching Charade right now, wrapped in my favorite down comforter.
Great shoes. What was your laundry book?
I remember when I used to do laundry. It was always fun and a bit relaxing.
I can't believe it's 39 degrees where you are! It's barely 70 degrees here and Californians are complaining. I don't mind cold weather and your pics make it looks so cozy
I like to curl up on my bed & have a good read :D
I like to put on my wellies, an old dress and a warm jumper and go for a walk or read a good book if it is too wet or I'm feeling low. I love your blog. It's lovely.
I adore all the fresh clothes smell in laundromats. And the heat. And the hum of the machines going. This is pretty blissful.
Post a Comment