Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pleasant and mild


The waning days of October have afforded the Northeast a lovely day of Indian Summer. Albeit one day, but I'm not complaining. Come tomorrow when it is considerably cooler, I'll have happy memories of today's gentle weather to placate my shivers.



I recently found an orange hat to match my orange flats. Sweet!
Hat, dress, and shoes: H&M; Tights: Hue; Necklace: gift from Raquel

The ladybugs were out enjoying the warmth as well. And in full force. I watched this particular little one crawl all over the name plaque on the side of the house. Then I proceeded to shoo a few off my dress and tights.

P.S. I uploaded these photos with the 'large' setting (as opposed to the usual 'medium'). I don't know why I never tried this out before now. Looks better, no?

24 comments:

Lexie said...

the photos do look nice in the large setting!

my town has been infested with japanese beetles ... ugly lil ladybug wannabes. it's nice to see the real thing here.

Q's Daydream said...

Love that hat!If I could wear my hat everyday I would!

Narumi said...

I prefer with the large settings we see better the details :) You orange beret is lovely, I need to check H&M !

chelsea said...

We had unseasonably warm weather yesterday as well AND I saw lots of ladybugs too. Now it is pouring down rain. That is normal autumn weather for me.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Sweet look; love your knit hat.

Raquel said...

oh you look so adorable darling emily!
those colors really suit you and you're wearing my gift necklace :)
glad you're enjoying a warmer weather as you like, I'm enjoying my new cold weather here :D
x

Diana said...

I really like the beret! I ordered a similar one this week, but yours looks so warm and cozy!
I also have a thing for blue and red combos, it's a great contrast but they blend so well.

Gabbi said...

Lovely hat and photos Emily! And the little lady bug is a perfect capture too :) I always think Lady bugs are good luck.

Wishing you a great weekend!♥

Annie said...

Oooh, I love that hat so much! And your "about me" made me smile.

Ariella said...

Yes, the bigger pictures absolutely look better.

It sounds amazing with a warm day like that. The ladybug and your red hat are adorable.

muchlove said...

that orange hat is adorable on you, Emily! and I love that you managed to take a good picture of the little lady bug. So sweet.

.. and I agree, the large setting is much better!

Unknown said...

That ladybug sure is one heck of a rock climber - or at least a sign climber. Wow. So adorable.

The beanie is so cute. A nice spalsh of colour against all those bare trees.

emma wallace said...

The colors are perfect for capturing that Indian summer feel - the orange light and blue sky! Love the photos. And I think they're much nicer large. I love seeing the details.

That little ladybug is too cute! They have so much personality for such a little package.


iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Sil said...

you look so cute!! :)

yiqin; said...

Lovely red beanie <3

Zhcsyra hp said...

awesome shirt and cool hat anyway <333

Amelia said...

I could use a little indian summer. Cute dress!

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments. I really appreciate them. It seems like we have a lot in common :) Also, my car is okay now. Nothing pouring a little more money into it couldn't fix...

Ariella said...

thanks for the advice about the locksmith! I might do that if I can't open it otherwise.

Imogen said...

I love the blue and red together and this hat really suits you. I like ladybugs also, its always nice to find one.

Imogen said...

Also I forgot to mention that I passed on an award to you on my blog.

Diary of a Young Designer said...

Love the outfit! It will never feel winter-ish here in the tropics so I totally envy you all being in the nice cool weather and being able to layer clothes.

Btw, yes the pics do look a lot better!

xo
Sophie

lynnette said...

aww that beret (?) looks so lovely on you! :) heh even ladybugs don't seem so scary when I imagine them out in a cool temperate place like the town you live in... over here it's just like ladybug???ewww! insects in mushy and hot places are nottt pleasant...

heh wonder when my package will get to you! :) tmr i'll b sending you a postcard!

Noelle Chantal said...

hi! how have you been? its been a a while since my last visit here. been busy lately. by the way i like the background in these photos. the hat look so nice with your orange flats. your outfit is very casual cozy! and the lady bugs are so cute too.

Sam said...

You look so lovely! And the photo's are great too ^^