The hustle and bustle of the Christmas weekend is finally winding down. It feels great to relax and I'm taking advantage of this down time with a cup of chamomile tea. How was your Christmas (if you celebrate)? Mine was nice as usual complete with lots of family and lots of good food. I broke away from my family for a few hours on Thursday to attend one of the Christmas Eve candle light services at church. I love singing carols in a church atmosphere; my favorites being, "Hark! the Herald Angels Sing" and "Silent Night." Do you have any favorite Christmas songs or carols?
I mentioned in my previous post that I'd share some photos of my recent
Wallet-friendly Wednesday finds incorporated into a few outfits. So, staying true to my word, here they are:
Christmas Eve


Blouse: Vintage via Salvation Army, Skirt: Old Navy, Belt: gift from
Erin, Tights: TJMaxx, Shoes: Target
Sparkly tights! I hemmed and hawed over these beauties for a few weeks before finally deciding that they needed to come home with me. The tree in the background isn't our real and proper tree. My mother put up two trees this year; one in the sun room (pictured above) and another (blitzed out in color) in the living room. I just noticed that some of the lights at the bottom of this tree went out. Aww!
Christmas Day


Lace trim cardigan: H&M, Skirt: Salvation Army, Tights: Target, Shoes: Nina
I've had these houndstooth heels for a few years now and they seem to have taken on the role as my Christmas shoes. I need to try working them into more outfits. They're much too pretty to wear only once or twice a year!
♥ Luke 2:9-14 ♥
14 comments:
I love the sparkly tights! Fortunately, I found some under the tree this year, so I will be wearing my own sparkly tights outfits soon.
My family did some caroling, too. I'm rather fond of Good King Wenceslas. I like songs that tell stories, I guess.
I love too many carols to count! One of my favorites has to be The First Noel - the tune is just so pretty!
And your shoes are so fun! I can't wait to see how you work them into more outfits!
iamemmamusic.blogspot.com
Your sparkly tights are amazing! So festive, but won't seem it the rest of the year when you will be sporting them.
I liked that song that goes Glo-ooooo-ooooo-ooooo-ria when I was little because I thought they were saying my name 'in ex Chelsea's dayo' is what I always heard.
Oh, AND I'm glad you had such a merry christmas. Going to a candle lit church service sounds beautiful.
Thank you so much for the Christmas card, too!
aaahhhh...you look lovely. :) Merry christmas to you.
Oh my, I love the sparkly tights! I need to get a pair asap. And I'm glad you had a nice Christmas!
Love your Christmas outfits and houndstooth heels. Eeee! I hope your Christmas was especially merry and bright. :) I'm in New York right now but am leaving shortly... so sad! Hopefully I'll have more time to swing up and see you sometime soon! Miss you!
Adore the sparkly tights. And I must say Silent Night (sung by the whole congregation + the candles) is the sweetest experience ever.
xo
Sophie
Houndstooth is such a classic pattern, I do agree you should get into your daily outfits.
I love Christmas hymns, too and I hope you had a great Christmas!
oooo so pretty!! :D i love your Xmas day outfit!! it's nice the way you wore your cardigan as a top!
heh i'd love to be able to sing carols in church for xmas... it must be such a nice and warm feeling... my fav xmas song (since it's more contemporary) would have to be The Christmas Song and I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus. XDD
hope you get my package soon!! will write to ya again once i get back to sg!
ooo and HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)
The sparkly/shimmery tights are absolutely wonderful! I definitely want a pair now!
Lovely outfits Emily! I really like the shoes on the last outfit... the Nina's.
My favorite part of going to Mass is the singing also. It's a great feeling. My favorite Christmas song is 'O Holy Night'. And as far as recordings go, Sufjan's version is the best :) I love the simpleness of it!
Hope you have a very Happy New Year!
It looks like you had such a nice Christmas :) Those outfits really are very pretty!
Happy new year!
Post a Comment