Friday, January 15, 2010

Of photographs and trees

"The tree rustled. It had made music before they were born, and would continue after their deaths, but its song was of the moment." - E.M. Forster, Howards End

This past Autumn I was quite fixated on photographing trees. They stand so tall and noble offering subtle gifts of beauty. I love taking that second-look and seeing something my eyes passed over in prior moments. For example, after looking upwards and letting my imagination go where it may the branches in the first photo took on the form of a giant spiderweb anchored in the sky...



Camera: Nikon FM 10
Lenses: Vivitar Soft II 52mm, Vivitar 52 mm Cross Screen VI
Film: Fujicolor Superia X-tra 400
Click photos for an enlarged view

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

the last photo is breathtaking

love the EM Forrester quote

muchlove said...

beautiful shots! I love the tree silhouettes. There's something very calm and majestic about them.

Victoria said...

Really nice picture !

Kiki said...

i love how the clouds added a nice texture to the 3rd photo....beautfuuuuuul. :)

Erin Cathleen said...

I love that "spiderweb" photo!

Imogen said...

Beautiful photos, I think your very good at photography. I sometimes like to photograph trees too. I like to lie under a tree and look up and photograph it that way.

Raquel said...

another amazing set of photos darling. hope you are having a lovely weekend!
x

emma wallace said...

Oh, I adore that third photo! The contrasting shapes and textures are so rich.

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Amelia said...

These are beautiful. I know that 2nd look. It's amazing how it changes things. Also, it's nice to get fixated on something. I have one tree that I look up at everyday when I pass it and I have for more than a year. It's such a literal and beautiful way to see the year pass.

Narumi said...

Gorgeous photos, I love the blur of the second one !

Imogen said...

I gave you an award on my blog.

Hope Chella said...

These pictures make me happy :)