Saturday, January 2, 2010

I like the way snow photographs

Cardigan: gift (TJ Maxx), Dress: Marshall's, Scarf (worn as a belt): hand me down, Tights and shoes: Target

My day has consisted of two cups of coffee, reading short stories by the wood stove, mint tea, and homemade beef stew. This perfectly lazy Saturday has been just what I needed after a tiring work week. By tiring, I really mean that I was tired. Most days my work day begins at 7:00am. However, there were three days this week when it began at 6:00am. Not setting my alarm clock last night was a fabulous feeling. And sleeping in? Even better!

On a separate note, doesn't falling snow look a little more magical when its captured in a photograph?

14 comments:

Narumi said...

You are so lucky to have snow, in a photo it's really beautiful indeed ! I love your plaid dress with the white tights. 6am that's really early to begin work..what's your job ?(hope you don't mind me asking)

Tabitha said...

Agreed about the snow. As much as I despise it because of the cold weather, they do make for beautiful photos. :)

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

I do love snow in photographs! More so than in real life! Haha. Lovely photo.. lovely outfit. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. Brightened my day!

chelsea said...

Lovely outfit. I just love the pop of red.
Oh man, I wish I was sleeping in the weekend. I cannot wait until Monday when I finally can!
And beef stew makes me sometimes wish I still ate red meat.

Amelia said...

Snow does look wonderful when you freeze it in time. I wish I had the luxury to sleep in on Saturdays...

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Sweet outfit and it does look magical there.

Erin Cathleen said...

Yay! You finally got your snow! :) When I was in NY last week, it was 50 degrees and everything had melted... a few days later it was freezing here, and now we've got tons of snow again! o_O I guess it's going to be a very snowy winter after all...

Chelsea Finn said...

your picture is beautiful!

emma wallace said...

It looks so enchanting, Emily! And I love that red belt with your adorable black and white outfit.

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Kiki said...

dont you just wanna curl up in bed and have a hot choco? *sigh* :)

You look lovely with that plaid dress by the way. :))

Gabbi said...

It's gorgeous Emily! I'm sort of ashamed to tell you that I haven't seen real snow in almost 8 years!! Such a cry baby when it comes to the cold... ♥

PS. Love sleeping in also... sucks to work but I feel guilty typing that too since so many would probably kill for a job right now.

Imogen said...

Beautiful picture. The snow is certainly a different concept for me. I've only seen snow once in my life and that was ten years ago! I think your outfit is perfect. Black and white is very classy, I like the pattern on your dress and the belt is a nice splash of colour.

Raquel said...

I wish I had snow here! only rain... :|
you look lovely darling, and indeed the snow falling makes the photo magical!
x

Diana said...

you look adorable :)
yes, snow is very photogenic ;)