Why is it that after you return from a weekend getaway your week at home goes by so quickly that you find yourself in the next weekend longing for the fun you had just 7 days before? This always seems to be the case with me and I find myself asking, "has it really been a week? It doesn't feel like it!" Just one of life's quirks that is what it is, right?
Here are some photos from a week ago today when Erin and I made the short drive from her house down to Plymouth, MA. It's become a tradition of ours to meander along the waterfront amidst the throngs of tourists there to see the Mayflower II and Plymouth Rock. Plymouth is such a quaint little town with lots to see and do apart from immersing yourself in Americana. Oftentimes we find ourselves poking into antique and consignment shops or getting a coffee at Kiskadee Coffee Company.
Enjoying the breeze coming off the bay. So refreshing!
A quick rest inside Kiskadee. Am I gesturing at something in the street or sipping an invisible coffee? I'll never tell ;)
First two photos taken by Erin. Thank you! Third photo borrowed from Erin's Flickr.
Outfit details: T-shirt and shoes - H&M, Wrap skirt and belt - thrifted, Sunglasses - Aldo, Necklace - self-made
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
What a lovely tradition! It looks beautiful there. I love your outfit, the skirt is great. And I hear you on the relaxing weekend bit. I can't believe it has already been so long ago that I went home.
it looks like a beautiful place Emily. and you look so pretty!
oh and i really love the photo of you and Erin chatting and looking out the window! a precious friendship moment captured!!
You look lovely! Oh my, and those glasses are fabulous!
your outfit is lovely! I adore your skirt.
That last photo nicely captures the moment of slowing down and enjoying a friend's company - while sipping invisible coffee ;)
The last picture is really beautiful. You both look like you're completely in the moment and just enjoying yourselves. It is so lovely that you two meet up every year like that! I remember reading about you two meeting last year as well. I wonder, do you and Erin only meet once a year?
Love the skirt! Nice thrift find!
What a lovely weekend! You look so pretty and elegant!
This looks like a wonderful weekend and the place looks so pretty. I love the picture with the water in the background and the bridge is adorable. I love your skirt with its beautiful print. Its very effective how you styled it too.
Excellent print on your skirt! And I love the tiny coffee drinking picture! That cafe and that moment looks like so many I've had.
The area looks lovely too. I've really been wanting to explore the States, which i know almost nothing about, for a long time now. Plymouth Rock has really only been a name in a song up until this point!
i told erin on her site, but that last picture is just beautiful!
Post a Comment