Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Won't be long now...

Upstate New York has been getting a preview of Autumn the last few days. While others around me have been remarking at how chilly it has been, I've been jumping for joy* and my thoughts have taken a course similar to this: "It's not chilly, it's glorious!" *Figuratively speaking. I'll save the real jumping for the actual onset of the season.


So, to celebrate the upcoming cooler weather, I played around on Polyvore a bit creating an Autumn dream-look. Sigh. Autumn is by far the best season to dress for. I can't wait! Early last summer I snagged a brown cloche for mere pennies (it was on super sale), but never took pictures wearing it. Expect to see it this year; I won't let it be camera-shy again.

How about those Bass Footwear oxfords?! I'm definitely going to scoop up a pair, but am still unsure about what color I want. For some reason, whenever I heard the name Bass or saw it in print I only thought of men's shoes. I completely forgot that they carry women's shoes as well. The color contemplation has been going on for about a month now and I still can't decide. To help aide in my decision, I think I'll visit a Bass outlet and try a pair on/see the colors in person and go from there.

My heart just about flipped when I saw that little squirrel brooch. Isn't it utterly adorable? I'll answer for you: yes, yes it is! It would be a most-welcome addition to my brooch collection, but sadly it's UK-based and the conversion of pounds to dollars always makes me tear up a little.

Tell me, what is on your Autumn wish list? Or your Spring wish list if you're in the Southern Hemisphere?

8 comments:

Lexie said...

i cant decide between virtually fighting on line for an alexa x madewell piece or just getting some oxfords!

Sil said...

Oh yeah! autumn is the best season! Can't wait for taking out my tights and cardis!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Those oxfords and that hat (and the offensively exchange-rated squirrel) are all adorable. I have a cloche hat myself, but in forest green. I doubt I'll get anywhere near it this fall though.

My sister and I were just discussing today that while we love fall clothes, we can definitely wait for the onset as fall only leads to winter and winter goes on forever and requires and endless array of tights, and then slips, and then camisoles, cardigans, scarves, hats gloves... all topped off with a coat and I don't have enough interesting stuff to layer with... ... grrr.

I'm sure Emily of New Moon didn't have this problem and she only had two dresses...

chelsea said...

Oh oh I love love that squirrel brooch too! I told one of my friends here that I love squirrels and squirrel watching and she snorted with disbelief. They are so autumnly adorable! The acorn necklace is great too.
And man, I totally want to stock up on tights this winter. Mustard yellow ones are definitely on my list.

Diana said...

i am warming up to the fact that fall is coming so soon but definitely a little bit sad ;) but these looks are what get me excited! i am loving the warm knits and pretty fall colors - and i do lovvvvvve that squirrel pin! i'm a sucker for animals on clothes and accessories ;)

http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

Imogen said...

So gorgeous Emily this set is perfect and I love everything here. I especially love the dress, I wish I had that dress! I'm so looking forward to spring.

Ariella said...

I envy you, Emily. Autumn has always been my favorite season to dress for as well. I love autumn in general, the colors are pretty, I love the coldish and crisp air. Though now, being in Israel, I won't get to experience it sadly as there is no real autumn the way I know it. I've heard it's going to stay hot until November.
Anyway, your polyvore set is perfect. I love the pretty coats and the oxfords!

Erin Cathleen said...

Eeeee! It's a-coming! Normally I worship summer and hate to see it go, but this year, I am going to savor Autumn... every last drop. ^_^ I didn't know you scored a cheapie cloche last year! (Or did I? Last year feels so long ago, ha.) I wanted to buy a gray wool one from Urban Outfitters, but deemed it too expensive. Perhaps this year I, too, will score a sweet little deal. :) Can't wait to see your pictures with it!