Thursday, October 7, 2010

Film photos from Ocean City, Maryland

I've been delayed in sharing my recent vacation photos, but alas, here is a small sampling of photos from the beach on which my friends and I stayed. I was tempted to bring both of my film cameras + my digital, but decided against it. I suspect my friends would have thought me quite nutty for constantly switching back and forth between three cameras. That said, I only switched between two and often had to call out, "Hey, wait for me a minute!" or "I'll catch up with you guys" or "Just a sec, I have to load another roll!" Haha. Anyway.

Ocean City, Maryland

Ocean City, Maryland

Isn't dune grass pretty? I love the way it's cast upon the blue sky and how it sways in the salty wind. Its slender shadows exude an elegance reserved only for those shoots springing forth from the sand. It is the envy of all other grasses.

Ocean City, Maryland

Ocean City, Maryland

I took quite a fancy to both photographing and collecting seashells on this trip. I had a few projects in mind and will share more on one of them another time.

Ocean City, Maryland

Ocean City, Maryland

Sandpipers! These cute little sea-faring foragers always make me laugh. The way they scurry about! I tried to get some photos of them running, but was unsuccessful. I am pleased with this stationary shot, though!

I'll be sharing more photos from my vacation within the upcoming week. I have another batch of photos from Ocean City as well as some from a few day trips we embarked on.

Camera: Nikon FM 10
Film: Fujicolor Superia X-tra 400

8 comments:

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

These are just lovely. I love the grass against the sky, and the sandpipers with the wave creeping up. I can't imagine juggling two cameras, let alone three. Mind you, I'm a bit anti-digital today, after accidentally deleting about 30 photos. Grrr.

C.Elizabeth said...

I am such a beach person... And I miss it terribly! Very beautiful shots!

And thank you so much for your lovely comments sweetie! They always make me smile. :)
I am glad you found that recipe useful! Let me know if you every try it!

Sarah Knight said...

Lovely photos : )
It looks like a wonderful place to visit

Unknown said...

Beachy, simple and peaceful. Perfect end-of-summer pictures. I carry about three cameras around with me too sometimes. I hate having to lug them all around :(

Imogen said...

These pictures are so incredibly beautiful. They are definitely some of the most stunning pictures I have ever seen. They are so professional looking, you have some real talent Emily. I would love to go to a beach right now.

muchlove said...

haha, I totally know hat you mean about making friends wait because you're busy taking photos, and with more than one camera! I have actually on some occasions carried 3 cameras, haha.. I wish we lived nearby each other, we'd have so much fun taking photos together, and talking about all the little details we'd notice! Speaking of details, I LOVE the details you captures in these shots. Amazing.

Diana said...

These came out so great, Emily.

I'm the same way when it comes to film vs digital. I'm always scared of the film being ruined and my vacation photos being ruined, but then I remember some of my honeymoon pics were ruined from a bad SD card. Go fig!

Courtney said...

East Coast beaches are so very beautiful and so different from Southern California beaches (which is where I am from). I love these photos. They make me want to go visit my brother in Boston :)