Saturday, October 23, 2010

Film photos from Ocean City, Maryland Part II

As promised, here is the second batch of film photos from my vacation last month. Now, as much as I express my love for autumn, I wouldn't mind a taste of the warm summer weather in these photos right about now! Just a taste, mind you ;)

Ocean City, Maryland

On our last full day in Ocean City, we walked the boardwalk again. As people were packed together and scattered about with their varying amusements, I couldn't help but admire a bunch of kites being flown. It was the perfect day for it! I secretly wished I had one, too!

Ocean City, Maryland

The water as seen from the pier.

Ocean City, Maryland

We didn't go on any rides, but it was still fun hearing the laughter and cheering of others. The setting sun tried to get in on the fun by glinting prettily through the structures.

Ocean City, Maryland

Ocean City, Maryland

Ocean City, Maryland

These last three were taken the morning of our departure. Unfortunately, the vibrancy of the sunrise was somewhat lost in the digital transfer. The original photos appear closer in color to the photo (from the same morning) shared in this post. While we relished our last few moments of peaceful beach time, a couple of guys headed out to go surfing. I've always admired the toughness and tenacity of those partaking in that sport. At the time, there was a hurricane working its way up the coast, which, I'm assuming provided some good crests.

Camera: Nikon FM 10
Film: Fujicolor Superia X-tra 400

6 comments:

milk said...

really pretty pictures.
and have i ever mentioned how much i love your header?

muchlove said...

Emily, these photos are stunning! I really love how you used/ played with the sun light, especially on the waves and water photos. The texture is amazing.

chelsea said...

I don't know, I'm really loving how the colors turned out. Those deep deep blues are amazing. And I love the kites.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Some of the vibrancy may have been lost, but I'm stunned by the textures, especially of the second picture I think. We, as a society lost something in the digital transfer... My boyfriend was suggesting we take some photos with his film camera when I go visit, and seeing these, I'm even more sold on the idea than before..

emma wallace said...

Such idyllic summer photos! Love them!

Imogen said...

I am so impressed by your pictures. I always am. It looks like a very beautiful place. My favourite picture is probably the second but I love them all.