Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cheery Little Somethings

I mentioned the other day that I recently received some lousy news. Last month I picked up a seasonal job at a little shop knowing full well that seasonal positions are temporary, but I guess I was under the impression that they last at least until after the holiday shopping/returning rush is over. Mine, however, did not and today I went in for my last shift. Job hunting (sooner than expected) is such a pain in the neck, but I will remain positive.

I posted a little while back that I cannot stop listening to Basia Bulat. Well, I still can't! The video for her song "In The Night" always brings a smile to my face (and I definitely need one today!). I love its simplicity, charm, and ensemble of characters. The embedding feature for the video is disabled, but do check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWJxTWQHH6s
I love the giggles at the end!

Other cheery little somethings that will brighten my spirits today are baking homemade goodies and watching movies with my mother. With that said, I must be off! I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

4 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Oh good luck on the job hunt. It does seem like seasonal hire would be for an entire season...

Anonymous said...

oh I'm sorry that is awful and annoying, good luck! love the song and adorable video

Amelia said...

That's really too bad about your job. Baking is always good, though.

Lexie said...

i think it's terrible to let someone go before Christmas. :( i'm so sorry.