Thursday, December 18, 2008

Picture Perfect

The photo that now graces the top of my blog page is from a scrapbook my great-grandmother compiled in 1909. However, the identity of the lady in the photo may be a secret lost to time. Could it be my great-grandmother? Perhaps. Sadly, I do not remember ever looking at this particular scrapbook while my grandmother (who most likely would know the answer) was still alive. I am going to ask my aunt about it the next time I see her and see if she can solve the mystery. Regardless if I ever learn who this is, I feel that this photograph will always tug at my heart strings a little and whisk me away to a beautiful place nestled in history.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow that's so amazing, what lovely mysterious history

I am actually a probable english major, I will be taking two courses next semester solely lit based out of my 5 classes. You said you were a history major?what's your favorite period?

Lexie said...

that photograph is lovely.

Amelia said...

I love that picture--the dress is gorgeous. We have a lot of picture of mysterious identity floating around, too.

Andrea Eames said...

It's a beautiful image.

Toni said...

i love old photographs. for some reason when i'm in a museum, looking at any thing from the 19th century, or even walking on a grassy hill when it's windy, i can't help but wish i could go back in time.

this is beautiful.

toni

Jen said...

Its simply beautiful - i hope you have a lovely christmas whisked away to a beautiful place :)