Thursday, January 8, 2009

At dusk


The last few days have brought more ice and snow. It is a cold 24 degrees, but the windchill makes it feel half that! Temperatures like this require serious sweater snuggling! In order to comply, my favorite (chunky knit) cardigan was worn and makes its second appearance on the blog.

Cardigan sweater, shirt, skirt, & necklace: H&M, Tights: Marshall's, Moccasins: Minnetonka

I have also received my first blog tag! Andrea and Amelia have tagged me with the 4 Things tag.

Rules:

1. Go to the 4th folder in your computer where you store your pictures.
2. Pick the 4th picture in that folder.
3. Explain the picture.
4. Tag 4 people to do the same!

The 4th folder on my computer surprisingly only has one picture in it. The picture (from November 2006) was taken in a supermarket parking lot in La Mesa, California. Quick geography lesson: La Mesa is a city in San Diego County. My sister was living in sunny California at the time and I had traveled out there to visit her. The picture is actually quite fitting for today's post seeing as it, too, was taken at dusk.

Erin, Lauren, Jen and Ana B. are my 4 choices to complete the tag, should they feel so inclined to do so! :)

16 comments:

Lexie said...

your photograph is stunning! i love sunsets.

The Stylish Wanderer said...

love that sweater! before I read La Mesa, I was like OMG THATS CALIFORNIA! :P

lovely photo

Amelia said...

Brr, that is cold! You have the perfect sweater for the job, though. I like your sunset picture.

Hehe, of course it's not silly to have favorite column orders. I am rather fond of Corinthian myself.

Unknown said...

Wow! Thanks so much. I will do the tag when I get back from my trip on Monday! Ooo it sure looks cold where you are. Good thing you have your cosy sweater.

Lavender said...

I love that sweater. Fab blog, I'll be back again.

Ana said...

Love the sweater. So cosy.

Anonymous said...

I love the cardigan ^^. Looks really warm.

yiqin; said...

Your backgrounds are SO beautiful1!!!! Lovely outfits too :D

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Copperoranges - Thank you!

The Stylish Wanderer - Thanks! This weather makes me want to be back in California NOW! :)

Amelia - Thank you!

Ana B. - You're welcome :)

Lavender - Thank you :)

Ana - Thanks, it's the coziest of cozy :)

Nadine - Thank you, it is! :)

Yiqin - Thank you very much!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I adore your cardigan.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

The Clothes Horse - Thanks :)

Lauren said...

What a great photo! Thanks for the tag - I'll get right on that :)

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Lauren - You're welcome! Thanks for the comment :)

Andrea Eames said...

Beautiful photo! Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while, it has been a crazy week. I love those earrings you bought the other day - and that shot of you reading in the latest post is just beautiful, very Austen-esque!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos and I love the knit!

Funnily enough, I kept reading your blog simply because of the 'lady grey mornings' blog description. I love lady grey tea!

Anyway, i like your blog, keep up with the writing. It's very calming and full of imagery. Most importantly, it's not predictable.

Stay unique!!

Emma
x

Stop by some time

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Andrea - No worries, we all get busy :) Thank you for your kind words!

Emma - Aww, thank you so much! :)