Monday, January 19, 2009

I Was A Kaleidoscope

I was tagged by tis serendipity to share 6 random things about myself. Before I begin, be sure to check out her fun and fabulous blog!

1) I make my coffee each morning with cinnamon-sugar.


2) The most exotic foods I have ever eaten were boar-meat sausage and a truffle spread while in Perugia, Italy.

3) One of my fondest memories from childhood is my mother reading Charlotte Zolotow's Over and Over to me.


4) I am by no means a "bird nerd," but I highly enjoy watching their graceful movements while outside or gazing through a window.


5) Two of my favorite magazines are Archaeology and British Heritage. My grandmother subscribes to both, so there is always good reading material when I stop in to visit.

6) I have a Jane Austen action figure. She was a birthday gift several years ago from a friend (Thanks again, Corey!)


I am tagging: dearilou, little boat, Ip and Aud and Pearls In Your Hair.

* For inquiring minds: The Jane Austen action figure is available at Amazon.com

20 comments:

Lexie said...

i LOVE that jane austen action figure! how awesome!

Erin Cathleen said...

Too cute! You come up with the sweetest things to blog about. :) And I love the Jane Austen action figure! Do you know where Corey found it? :D

Claire Geist said...

oooh, i love your blog!


i love how you put cinnamon in your coffee :]

chelsea said...

Boar meat sausage and truffle together? Sounds quite interesting. The most exotic thing I have ever eaten, I think, is alligator and shark at a mongolian grill.

Amelia said...

Ooh, cinnamon-sugar is a wonderful idea.

I love the darkroom, but really only when it's empty. I like being in there by myself--it's rather soothing.

Blair said...

Omgosh, that Jane Austen action figure is darling! Jealous! ;-)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Your random facts are so sweet. I didn't know they made Jane Austen action figures. That is a perfect gift for a number of people I know...

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Copperoranges - Thank you! It is pretty awesome :)

Erin - Thank yoouuu! I e-mailed you the info :)

Clairegrenade - Thanks! Try it sometime, it's so good!

Dearilou - Wow, I don't know if I'd be up for trying alligator!

Amelia - Give it a go sometime. It takes coffee to new heights ;)

Blair - Thank you! :)

The Clothes Horse - Thank you. I can personally say that it was a perfect gift :)

chelsea said...

The question isn't so much do I play any of those instruments anymore as it is CAN I. I've had My Heart Will Go On burned into my brain, so I will forever be able to jump onto a piano and play it, but I pulled out my trumpet not too long ago and can barely make a noise. You really lose your ambisure after 4 years. I could probably still play the B flat scale on flute. But the viola? I only played it for a year.
Also, I love that bird book you have there. I prefer when they have illustrations rather than photos. My little brother used to be very into birds, he had tons of books.

Unknown said...

Hi hun! What a lovely tag. That Jane Austen figurine is going straight to my future daughters once I hunt one down.

I've given you two awards on my blog.

xx

Petra said...

So cute! I love the Jane Austen action figure, it is so hilarious and crazy!

xx

Narumi said...

Cinnamon in coffee is delicious, gives a little spicy taste, I love it too :)

Anonymous said...

Aww reading those things about you makes me feel like you've got an old, sweet soul =) cinammon in coffee sounds perfect for early mornings. It's so cute how you've got a Jane Austen figurine! I didn't think they made such things... are you a big Jane Austen fan? =) It's so nice how your mum used to read to you from that book... Hopefully I'll be able to establish the same sort of memorable ritual with my kids in the future... am sure you'll be doing that too!

Andrea Eames said...

What cool bits of information! You sound like a lovely and quirky person. :)

Digging the Jane Austen figure.

Couture Carrie said...

I love cinammon in coffee - you should try putting some in the grounds when you make it; you'll love the flavor :)

xoxox,
CC

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Dearilou - I prefer bird books with illustrations too. They're much more charming :)

Ana B. - Thank you so much! :) That's a good idea and I definitely plan on hanging on to mine.

Petra - Thank you. It is crazy, but fun too :)

Ambroisine - Yay, I'm glad to hear someone else likes it! :)

Detailsofthefabric - Aw, thank you so much! :) Yes, I am a definite Jane Austen fan :)

A Cat of Impossible Colour - Thank you! :) I've definitely been called ''quirky'' before :)

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Couture Carrie - Ooh, yum! I will! :)

Nicki's Notebook said...

A Jane Austen action figure...wow! Thank you - you have just provided me with a perfect bday pressie for someone! great blog xx

Ariella said...

A Jane Austen action figure sounds impressive! Oh, and I think cinnamon is good on so many things... it's really an underestimated spice!

You're so sweet for tagging me, but I have done this tag before, so I'm going to pass :/

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

The Cherry Blog - Thank you! It does make a fun gift :)

Ariella - I agree, I add cinnamon to a lot of things actually :)
Oh, and no problem! :)