Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lazy Days of Winter


A storm of swirling snow passed through yesterday. Listen to that wind! After braving the elements and getting a healthy dose of freezing fresh air, I remained indoors luxuriating by the contained conflagration in the wood stove.

Blouse and brooch: H&M, Cardigan: Old Navy, Corduroys: thrifted, Shoes: Target

25 comments:

Andrea Eames said...

Lovely brooch and blouse!

chelsea said...

ooo, I love that brooch! And I am envious of your thrifted cords. I totally need a pair.

Erin Cathleen said...

So, so pretty! I think I remember you telling me about those cords. And I love the lace blouse! :)

Toni said...

i love this outfit! the brown and blue look great together. :)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Pretty outfit. I really like the blouse and sweater.
P.S. I did see that building! I think the architecture is part of the reason I really loved Budapest. My friend and I kept "dying" over the pretty buildings, we would just wander about and keep exclaiming over things!

Unknown said...

Awww! This is such a gorgeous outfit for luxuriating indoors by a fire! I love the way you've layered that lacey turtleneck. That snow storm looks fairy-tale like. I think I've encountered snow about five times my entire life.

Nicki's Notebook said...

I heart that brooch! gorgeous! xx

Anonymous said...

oh the blouse is gorgeous and oh so victorian, the flower pin really looks great with it

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

A Cat of Impossible Colour - Thank you! :)

Dearilou - Thanks! :)

Erin - Thanks! And yes, they may have popped into one of our discussions ;)

Bare.Peppermint.Fashions - Thank you, I like brown & blue together also :)

The Clothes Horse - Thank you :)

Ana B. - Thank you :) All the snow you could ever wish to encounter is here in the eastern U.S. ;)

The Cherry Blog - Thank you! :)

Plain Jayne - Thanks! I love shirts w/ Victorian detail :)

Lexie said...

i love this look! the brooch is such a pretty detail.

yiqin; said...

Great outfit! I want your sweater :)

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Copperoranges - Thank you :)

Yiqin - Thanks! :)

Amelia said...

I love the lace detail and the flats.

I definitely have seen those artwork umbrellas. I wanted to get one, but they're expensive and I'm afraid I'd lose it or break it. (I probably would.)

j. said...

I love the outfit and the colors in it a LOT. The items have that charm-- and when put together-- they create a wonderful mix. lovely.

xo

Valentine

alexandra grecco said...

you look lovely. xxx

Sam said...

You look so sweet. The blouse is lovely

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Amelia, Valentine, Alexandra, and Sam - Thank you!! :)

amy said...

Lovely lovely lovely. I love the way you put this outfit together. I also love the name of your blog. Everything feels like a dream

talk to you soon
peace and love
xo kissss
amy

http://flyingakite.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What an awesome brooch. You look so elegant. I love it.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Amy - Thank you so much! :)

Nadine - Thank you!! :)

Jen said...

Mmmm, fire looks cosy :) Great broocj, i love it!

Narumi said...

We had a lot of snow today in Paris, it's cold but so beautiful :) I love your blouse with the cardigan and the brooch is beautiful !

Ariella said...

the sound of the wind is beautiful! The white lace blouse is so, so pretty.

I have an award for you on my blog :)

Raquel said...

it's really good to stay at home listening to the wind outside, and being cosy and warm. x

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Pretty Little Pictures - Thank you! And yes, very cozy!! :)

Ambroisine - Thank you :)

Ariella - Thank you very much :)

Raquel - Yes, yes it is :)