




Just like the photo in my header, this small collection is from a photo album my great-grandmother put together nearly 100 years ago. The entire album, delicate in condition, is full of gorgeous photos and these are just some of my favorites. I love the rustic charm that greets my senses upon looking at them - making me feel as if I'm having a silent conversation with the photos!
24 comments:
These are so beautiful. Thank goodness people take such good care of old things like this.
Amelia - Thank you. My great-grandmother and grandmother were both great preservers of photographs. I plan on making sure these are taken utmost care of for as long as possible.
Those photos are great. I don't have any from my relatives. :( But my grandfather was an artist and my parent's house is littered with his paintings and ink drawings. :)
About Ruche: I find the sizing true to size, their small a little larger than I'm used to.
Are you sure we're the same size, I'm just asking because I'm 5'1" and people generally think I'm taller when they see my blog.
Anyway, hope that helps.
Such beautiful old photos. I will never get tired of seeing old pics. ANd it's so lovely that you have the story behind them and that connection!
so gorgeous! :) I love vintage photos
wow these are amazing- the line that really gets me is that she made this 100 years ago, thanks for scanning them
the song on your blog right now is amazing!
I live in Maine! That's so cool! :o)
The Clothes Horse - Great that does help, thank you! :)
esme and the lane way - Thank you! I never tire of them either :)
yiqin - Thank you, me too! :)
jayne - Thanks! And I know... it feels somewhat strange to think that 1909 was really 100 years ago. Judging by your taste in music I think you'd really like Basia Bulat - give her a listen :)
Q's Daydream - Ooh, I LOVE Maine! :)
these are beautiful pictures!
What an absolute treasure! How lucky you are to have this.
Emma - Thank you :)
WendyB - Thank you :) They are definitely little treasures!
Oh goodness. It must be amazing to own a piece of - not just family history - but history in general! It makes me quite envious since I don't have anything in my family like that. I love vintage photographs. The sense of time passing, the sepia...
you're so lucky to have such beautiful pictures in your possession, but mixed with the family history... priceless.
What a treasure and thanks for sharing them.
Ana B. - Thank you for such a nice comment :) The sepia gets me every time too.
Emmawhoisee - Thank you! Family and history makes a nice mix :)
I love old photos. I love picturing what the persons felt, wanted and did. The photos are lovely - every single one of them!
xx
I love old photographs!! You have a geat collection :)
The Yellow Elephant - Thank you! I do the same thing when I look at old photos :)
Pretty Little Pictures - Thank you :)
gorgeous photos.
I have no old photos of my family. pft!
The Stylish Wanderer - That's what a few others have been saying too.. I guess I've kind of taken for granted that I have these and in as good of condition as they are. I'm thankful they've been so well preserved.
Emily! I've done your tag. Thanks so much for it. It was fun.
Also there were two books that caught me - I was finishing of Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (I know, I know, hopeless fan girl with a 13 year old heart) and started on Bright Shiny Morning by James Frey.
What an incredible thing to have in your family! These photos are truly precious and the quality is fab so they have obviously been looked after! thanks for sharing.
Love your blog!
Nicki xx
What an amazing collection of old photos!
xoxox,
CC
That's so lovely. I love the fact that the pictures are so old and carry so much history in them, but the trip also looks so nice. You're very lucky to own such an old scrapbook.
The Cherry Blog - Thank you for such a nice comment :)
Couture Carrie - Thank you very much :)
Ariella - Thank you, it is truly remarkable to imagine the history that goes with the photos :)
Post a Comment