Saturday, March 14, 2009

Here Comes the Sun

I spy with my little eye a pair of red glasses! My mint green cardi looks almost white in the sunlight. Here's a more true-to-color photo.

Cardigan & shoes: Target, Skirt: Gap, Jacket: little girls department at Target
Bird brooch: vintage via eBay, Bracelets: borrowed from Mum

"Little darling I feel that ice is slowly melting, Little darling it seems like years since it's been clear, Here comes the sun, here comes the sun, It's all right, it's all right." Thank you Mr. George Harrison for such a sweet and cheerful little ditty!



I happily enjoyed another sunny, pre-Spring day. Everything just seems a little bit better when the sun is shining and its warmth can be felt all around. One of my dearest friends and I skipped around (not literally) to look for wedding shoes and take care of a few other errands. My feet ached by the end of the day, but the sun was still shining so I didn't mind in the least. I felt recharged with the sun on my face and clean, crisp breaths in my lungs. The slow crawl out of winter will soon be forgotten.

20 comments:

tis serendipity said...

Aww I loove Here Comes the Sun!! =D Haha especially the lovely guitar riff that's so famous...

Wow who in your family is going to be getting married? I love weddings and looking for wedding shoes sounds like fun =) Haha I can totally imagine you skipping around in that sweet outfit though. The colors are really pleasant and have an outdoorsy feel to them.

chelsea said...

Great bird pin. Makes me think of my grandmother's bathroom. She has this whole sea/seagull theme. It reminds me of it in the best of ways, of course, since she is so dear to my heart.
And I love that song! I've been going on a Beatles kick lately, listening to my mum's old records.

Raquel said...

oh spring can make us take anything right :)
love the bird brooch!
and you should definitely go to Barcelona, it's just amazing!
about doughnuts I got so addicted I ate 4 yesterday alone! :|
xx

Anonymous said...

aww i love that song :)

and that pin is fantastic!!

Lexie said...

that's one of my favorite beatles songs!

also i love the denim jacket .. have you noticed how the sart has posted a few denim jacket looks? i like how comfy/worn in yours looks.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Your red frames are adorable.

Anonymous said...

I love the beatles. and the sun! you are so very lucky to have sun and not snow! i hate snow..
xx

Jen said...

Such a sweet outfit and that pin!!

Sam said...

You look so lovely! And that song form The Beatles is brilliant!

Unknown said...

All that Vitamin D really does energise! For me, sometimes it's too hot I feel like napping. Like a siesta or something. You sound very happy, lovely.

The little bird on your jacket is delightful.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Tis Serendipity - I didn't think of that at first, but I can see how the colors give off an outdoorsy vibe! Thank you :)

Dearilou - Thank you! Bird themes are always fun :)

Raquel - Thank you! :)

Jayne - Thank you! :)

Copperoranges - Thank you! :) Yes, I did notice. I've always found the denim jacket perfect for Spring :)

The Clothes Horse - Thank you! :)

The Yellow Elephant - The snow can definitely get tiresome. I hope you get lots of sun soon! :)

Pretty Little Pictures - Thank you! :)

Sam - Thank you! :)

Ana B - Thank you! :) And yes, I am! :)

Blair said...

No, I haven't listened to the S&S soundtrack, i'll have to check it out!

I adore the Becoming Jane one as well, maybe more than P&P...? :D

<3

Amelia said...

So many things to love in this post--the mint green, the brooch, that song. This is wonderful.

Oh, and I love Princess Mononoke, too, so that comparison is definitely appreciated :)

Noelle Chantal said...

oh the bird brooch is adorable! and i'm happy that sunny sunshine is already showing at your side of the world. i'm excited for you for spring! i must say i am very lucky to have an eternal summer here. :)

Toni said...

how fun; red frames. i love your cardigan. and i can't wait for spring as well!

Narumi said...

I love this song, do you know the version by Nina Simone, it's great ! Seems you have a nice weather too !! I love your cardigan with this brown skirt and your brooch is so cute :)

Ariella said...

The feeling of spring in the air is truly unique and so amazing.
And your pictures do look springy with all the sunshine!
That mint coloured cardigan is extremely pretty.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Amelia - Thank you :)

Noelle Chantal - Thank you :) While I enjoy the changing seasons, I think I would like eternal summer just as much :)

Bare.Peppermint.Fashions - Thank you :)

Ambroisine - Thank you :)

Ariella - Thank you :)

Alice X said...

i definately think everything is brighter when you have a warm sunny day, it's just the most lovely thing. i love that song:)

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Alice X - It sure is :)