

T-Shirt: Target, Belt: Anthropologie, Skirt: Mom's old, Shoes: H&MNecklace is a vintage book locket
My apologies for having been in a blogging slump this past week. It has been one of those weeks where the days have all run together leaving a trail of fog through my memory. I don't really have any recollection of much other than a few random things I mused about on my Twitter. Speaking of which, if you have a Twitter account and would like to read my silly tweets, you'll find a link on the left-hand side of the screen. My account is private, but do request to follow me if you'd like :)
It's safe to say that lilacs are my favorite thing about Spring. The air outside is currently saturated with their sweet fragrance. This particular bush is right outside my bedroom window sending in delightful wafts to greet me with each breath. The yard that accompanied the house I grew up in was full of lilac bushes - I think there were at least seven. I remember crawling through them as a child to play under their aromatic canopy.


25 comments:
That belt is fun.
The smell of lilacs is so nice.
I love that belt. The buttons give it a great touch! It goes really well with your skirt too. This reminds me, I have an old skirt of my mum's too that I should wear out soon.
That belt is so gorgeous! And you look perfectly lovely amongst the lilacs. I love viewing summer through your eyes, Emily!
And you have two awards!
I think childhood has a lot to do with favorite flowers. Mine are snap dragons (my mum used to plant tons of the on our deck) and plum blossoms (we had two trees outside my bedroom windows.)
Beautiful!!
there is a lilac bush outside of jacob's apartment that smells SO wonderful .. though now the blossoms are turning over into greenery! :(
How pretty everything is. I can't wait for the lilacs to come out here - they are among my favourite trees.
I really like your belt, Emily. It's perfect with that outfit!
i love your belt, i wish they would hurry up and open an anthropologie in the Uk!! :-(
You wear a long skirt so well :)
I definitely know what you mean about the trail of fog. The last month and a half or so have been like that for me. I love your belt! I'd like to try DIYing something like that.
Gorgoues belt! I love the smell of lilacs too, its so comforting.
ur blog is amazing. great photography. beautiful colours. lovely writing =)
xxx
sydneygirl
darling I love your belt! I first thought you could have make it, its gorgeous!
hope everything is going good with you :)
me too i love the belt! oh i think it can be a fun diy project! :)
hope your days are less slump and more fun!
The print on your skirt is gorgeous. I tagged you on my blog. http://www.tia-cherie.blogspot.com/
The Clothes Horse - Thank you :) And yes, the smell is heavenly!
Muchlove - Thank you. I think the buttons are a nice touch, as well :)
Ana B. - Many thanks, lovely lady! :)
Dearilou - Yes, I think so too! :)
Blair - Thank you! :)
Copperoranges - It's a shame they don't last longer. Some years it's as if you blink and they're already gone.
Ariella - Thank you! And I hope you get to enjoy your lilacs soon :)
Luna - Thank you :)
Yiqin - Thank you so much :)
Ameila - Thank you :) I think DIYing something like this would be the perfect project for spring/summer.
Emily Anne - Thank you. I never thought of the smell of lilacs as comforting before, but you're absolutely right! :)
Joelyne - Thank you so much! :)
Raquel - Thank you! And I really want to make my own now :)
Elena-lu - Thank you for the well wishes. And yes, I think trying to DIY a belt like this one would be fun. I'm gonna do it! :)
Imogen - Thank you! :)
That belt is so cute! I love buttons.
I love lilacs smell too ! wish the flowers could last longer.. Your belt is amazing, I like the cute buttons a lot :) And the floral print of your skirt is lovely !
That belt! love the detail and frayed edge.
i love reading your twitter!
Lauren - Thank you :)
Ambroisine - Thank you :) Yes, I wish lilacs lasted longer too!
Diana - Thank you. I think the frayed edge adds that extra bit of perfect fun :)
That belt is so beautiful! So is your entire outfit actually... so romantic!
C.Elizabeth
C.Elizabeth - Thank you :)
What a great skirt and I love the belt, too :).
Nadine - Thank you! :)
Oh I love your belt! I wish there was Anthropologie in Australia, alas :(
Post a Comment