Sunday, May 31, 2009

Playing in the street



Shirt: J.Crew, Belt: thrifted, Dotted Swiss skirt: American Eagle, Sunglasses: Macy's, T-strap peep toe wedges: gift

I had the hardest time getting the wrinkles out of this skirt this morning. I usually toss my clothing into the dryer with a towel to de-wrinkle for a few minutes, but this was a battle I just could not win. I'm not one for ironing, but maybe I should when situations like this arise.

16 comments:

Blair said...

Ooh, I adore your shoes!

<3

milk said...

That skirt is lovely! same with the belt

Diana said...

one of my favorite outfits so far! the neutral shoes, belt, everything!

Unknown said...

I abhor ironing. Two men in a shop yesterday were talking about a garment steamer from a store which only cost $3! I think steamers are the way to go.

The baby salmon pink is lovely on you. And paired with the belt! I love wee details like that in an outfit. Hope you've had a good weekend, gorgeous. I've had such fun lolling around reading mags and listening to new music.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Sweet skirt and belt. I abhor clothes that wrinkle...I don't even own an iron! I always have borrow from people.

Anonymous said...

great skirt, amazing color

Lexie said...

i am so bad at ironing, but i HATE wrinkly clothes that i would actually be a min or two late to class than show up with a wrinkly skirt (yes .. this has happened once or twice, haha).

there is a special place in my heart for dotted swiss fabric. i LOVE it.

muchlove said...

I love your belt!
I very rarely do the ironing, mainly because I'm terrible at it.

mice said...

Belt looks really great!
All your outfit looks so adorable!

http://placeforthemoment.blogspot.com/

elena-lu said...

ok im going to be the odd one out and admit that i like to iron! yes im weird i guess but not only do i not mind it, i like it! especially when im done and i see how wonderfully pressed my garmet is ahh what a great feeling!
you look lovely in this pale soft skirt! great belt addition!

chelsea said...

I love:
swiss dot
pattern
belts
and your shoes.

Imogen said...

I love this outfit so much. Everything goes so well together and your belt is gorgeous.

Raquel said...

you look lovely darling! I adore your shoes!
xx

Amelia said...

I'm way too lazy to iron so I mostly avoid clothes that need it. I might want to rethink that strategy given all that I'm missing. I love your belt!

Noelle Chantal said...

i'm the queen of ironing clothes! hehe, I never forget to bring my own steamer whenever I have to leave the house for days. I'm very OC when it comes to my clothes :)

by the way, i love the texture of your skirt and it looks so perfect with that floral belt.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Blair - Thank you! :)

Milk - Thank you! :)

Diana - Thank you! :)

Ana B. - Thank you! Yes, steamers are definitely the way to go. Now, I just need to get one ;)

The Clothes Horse - Thank you! :)

Jayne - Thank you! :)

Lexie - Ahh, I <3 swiss dot too! Its the sweetest :)

Muchlove - Thank you! :)

Mice - Thank you! :)

Elena Lu - Thank you! Hehe, I love the way ironed garments look, but hate the process ;)

Dearilou - Thank you! :)

Imogen - Thank you! :)

Raquel - Thank you! :)

Amelia - Thank you! Laziness definitely factors into my aversion to ironing ;)

Noelle Chantal - Thank you! :)
I really need to get myself a steamer someday!