lady grey mornings &
chamomile nights.
sweet as honey,
warm as spring.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Tiptoe through the tulips
This morning my mother and I went to Albany's Tulip Festival - an annual event celebrating the city's Dutch heritage. We decided to make an early go of it in order to find a decent parking space and avoid the throngs of people. It turned out to be a pleasant outing rich in color and floral variety. Enjoy the photos :)
Argh! I would go crazy here! The botanical gardens in Wellington have a similar tulip garden and tulip week but never the variety that I see here! I especially love the black/purple ones. Gorgeous.
That is so beautiful. Tulips are among my favourite flowers - I think it's just so special that they come in just about any colour. Lucky you to have such a wonderful festival!
Your pictures are beautiful, tulip is one of my favorite srping flower ! I love the first picture with the blue muscaris and the dark purple/black tulips :) I'm going to a roses festival this week-end, I'm so exicted to go !
tulip festival sounds so much pretty and fun! those floral photos are really really nice! you are great in taking pictures lady. this can be printed and framed or can be made into wallpapers! beautiful shots!
is that you on the last photo? you look so cute with your hat and floral dress. :)
Please respect that all the images shared on this blog are my own unless otherwise noted. I ask that you contact me prior to using my images elsewhere or at least provide a link back to my blog. Thank you!
For the time being, this blog is advertisement and sponsorship free. Questions? Feel free to contact me.
20 comments:
Argh! I would go crazy here! The botanical gardens in Wellington have a similar tulip garden and tulip week but never the variety that I see here! I especially love the black/purple ones. Gorgeous.
oh, it's such a colourful delight, isn't it?! Did you buy any tulips to bring home?
oh precious flowers! I love tulips! and there are so many different types!
xx
Those dark purple ones are intense. They don't even seem real.
Lovely hats, by the way.
I love the first picture. I think tulips are quite lovely. We used to go to a festival like this but we haven't lately, which ought to change.
gorgeous photos! i would love to spend days there! beautiful!
your pictures turned out beautifully! the colors are AMAZING!
These look like paintings! i love tulips!
I love tulips!! Especially the dark purple ones.
Gorgeous pictures! I adore tulips and they are my sister's favorite flower.
P.S. I have not seen the Anthropologie catalog, I must hunt one down!
oooh i love tulips - thanks for sharing these photos they are stunning! x
That is so beautiful. Tulips are among my favourite flowers - I think it's just so special that they come in just about any colour. Lucky you to have such a wonderful festival!
i love the spring, and the fact that the whole world comes to life. these flowers were absolutely beautiful. great photos!
xx
beautiful flowers
They are so pretty! The last photo's sweet :)
Your pictures are beautiful, tulip is one of my favorite srping flower ! I love the first picture with the blue muscaris and the dark purple/black tulips :) I'm going to a roses festival this week-end, I'm so exicted to go !
I love the Tulip Festival! I go every year as well, but I missed this one for my prom, I was really sad I missed Third Eye Blind.
tulip festival sounds so much pretty and fun! those floral photos are really really nice! you are great in taking pictures lady. this can be printed and framed or can be made into wallpapers! beautiful shots!
is that you on the last photo? you look so cute with your hat and floral dress. :)
soo pretty...i love how you incorporate nature into your posts!
Love your blog!!
xoxo
I just awarded you :)
Post a Comment