Blue skies, warm sunshine, soft breezes, and green grass. I've been delighting in all this delicious season has to offer. I wish I could have captured today's weather in a bottle.
For the past few days I've been listening to For Emma, Forever Ago by Bon Iver over and over, paying little attention to any of my other favorites in the world of music. This album has instantly become my new spring soundtrack. I'm aware that it was recorded in the dead of winter, but there's just something about its arrangement that transcends time and the seasons creating perfect enjoyment with each play. I've been feeling as engulfed and fascinated with its gorgeous vocals and beautiful melodies as I have been with the brilliancy of Spring.Recommended track, "Lump Sum."
(Album cover photo from Amazon.com)
13 comments:
i feel silly for not listening to this album and it has been sitting in my itunes. the way you describe it sounds amazing!
I'll definitely check out that album! :)
<3
i love bon iver, its ironic that it has become your spring album since bon iver means good winter hehe
i will always associate this album with winter, but it is lovely to revisit.
my friend put a track of bon iver using vocal coder machines .. it's really neat. i'll try to find the title for you soon!
@jayne - yes, i found it ironic too :)
Oh, I just got that CD! I totally agree with your review. The weather has been absolutely perfect here, too. I hope it stays this way until September. I don't think I could stand another rainy day for a good while (until I start to romanticize them again).
I wish you could bottle your weather too - then send it to me! ;)
have a great week, Emily
xx
I'm going to have to check this out! I find that all you ladies of the blogosphere have such good taste in music. I'm off to listen to snippets of it on Amazon.
Take care, lovely! I like your new profile pic. Very summer appropriate.
oh ill check it out :)
I hope you have a happy happy birthday! I wanted to call you, but I got off work late and knew you'd be sleeping. :) But hopefully we can talk soon! I miss you.
I wish the weather could be lovely like that over here too, and haha, the thought of saving the weather into a bottle is one I've had plenty of times as well!
Lovely blogg!<3
Oh how i want spring...
Post a Comment