Friday, September 4, 2009

Island in the Sun



Romper: Forever 21, Cardigan: Old Navy
Belt: hand me down, Shoes: Target

(Sorry that these photos appear a little grainy at this size!
Feel free to enlarge for a better view)
I picked up this romper earlier this summer on a shopping excursion while visiting my dearest friend Erin. In fact, Erin and I both bought rompers that day in the same style, but gravitated toward different prints. I set my sights on this fun, blue & yellow floral, while Erin chose a chic, black & white floral. After leaving Forever 21 (an overwhelmingly large F21 at that compared to the small one here at home), we chatted excitedly over our new purchases and bounced around styling ideas. Our conclusion for the remaining hot & sunny days of summer: light cardigans, belts, and flats.

Erin looking adorable!

With Autumn fast approaching I have no plans to put this romper away just yet! I have every intention of transitioning this sweet and comfortable garment into my Fall wardrobe. Long sleeve cardigans and tights and hats - oh my!

While romping about in the sunshine this morning (which felt wonderful, by the way), the song "Island in the Sun" by Weezer popped into my head. I cannot give sole credit to the Sun for this occurrence because I did see Weezer live this past Monday and have been humming their tunes all week. If you ever get the opportunity to see Weezer live I highly suggest that you do! Their energy on stage is mesmerizing and they play a great arrangement of songs spanning their long career. I think it's safe for me to say they are the best band I've seen live. Ever.

14 comments:

Lexie said...

when my best friend and i road tripped we talked about how seeing weezer open for blink 182 would have been the perfect concert for our roadtrip! i'm so jealous you got to see rivers!!

muchlove said...

you both look really cute in your floral rompers!
xx

chelsea said...

Aw, you both look so cute in your respective rompers.
Oh, the boy went to a Weezer concert once. He also said it was the best ever. The camaraderie of the audience was amazing, he said. At one point he and a couple total strangers intertwined their arms and swayed and sung along.

Raquel said...

oh darling the romper is so pretty and suits you so well!
x

Erin Cathleen said...

Oh, my. Hehe. Attack of the Gila Rompster! ;) You look so cute in your adorable romper. So happy! I love those colors on you. :D I'm planning to wear mine again soon and style it a little differently. Wish I could wear it to work! That Weezer concert must've been awesome... but you and I should go see Hanson sometime. ;) Teehee!

tis serendipity said...

Heeehee 'romping' around in the sun eh?? that pun wasn't lost on me! heh maybe it wasn't even a conscious thing for you!

so cute of you and your friend to get matching rompers! Somehow it's quite nice to get similar items with friends at stores 'cos it's sort of a tangible memory of the time spent together with them... I actually have a Promod skirt that I bought in Singapore but when I went to Germany to visit my best friend, we happened to see the exact same skirt (HEAVILY discounted) and she bought it too! X)

Wow i've never heard of the band weezer before but am so gonna check them out now.

mice said...

Really adorable photos!
Love your lovley outfit! ^*

http://placeforthemoment.blogspot.com

yiqin; said...

Love the photos! Very nice outfit :D

Unknown said...

Both of you look gorgeous and happy in your floral rompers!!! I can almost feel summer in this post.

Ariella said...

That romper looks amazing on you - I adore the belt too! I definitely think that it can be transferred into an autumn or winter outfit!

L.T. said...

I love this weezer song. I can't believe this is the first time that I'm watching the music video to it, its so cute!

L.T. @ elle-tea.blogspot.com

Diana said...

I think it's adorable how you both wore rompers, but in an endearing way, not a twinsy way!

I saw Weezer once and it was so hot and crowded I couldn't enjoy it but you chose an amazing song to show off!

Amelia said...

That romper is so lovely! I can definitely see it being cute in the fall.

Narumi said...

Love the pictures by the fence, both rompers are beautiful, I like the floral patterns a lot :) Never heard of Weezer, thx for the video, the music rocks !