Saturday, September 26, 2009

Perfect Autumn Day

I woke to a frost on the ground and my teeth chattering, but couldn't have been happier in that early morning moment. The air was crisp and dressing in layers was a necessity before stepping outdoors. Not that I minded in the least bit. Layering up is one of my favorite things about cooler weather. I like the weight of soft, cozy fabric on my skin and tugging it closer to ward off the chill.



Dress and tights: Marshall's, Cardigan and hat: H&M, Sunnies: Macy's, Shoes: Target, Necklace: self made with an antique key

21 comments:

chelsea said...

One: You look amazing in plaid. Really. Invest in the stock.
Two: I totally tried the "throwing leaves into the air for a photo" bit today with much less successful results.

yiqin; said...

Love the cardigan over the dress! So chic.

Q's Daydream said...

Don't you look perfectly adorable!!! I love that dress! Isn't the cooler weather wonderful!? Though today it's gonna be 80 degrees here :oP

Lexie said...

both yesterday and today have been soooo autumnal in the morning! i love it.

Erin Cathleen said...

Wow, it's so autumnal there already. We're a tad behind here! :( But you look so cute in your plaid dress. Yay for Marshall's! <3

Amelia said...

I love the plaid! I am so looking forward to that crisp weather. It's still rather warm here.

Sil said...

love the tights, you certainly look really pretty in that outfit!! which it was cold already down here!!

PAZ!

Gabbi said...

Great Autumn outfit! I love the green sweater especially♥

Narumi said...

Sweet pictures I really like the first one ! And I love the pale-green color of your tights.

Raquel said...

you look so lovely darling! I wish we had a frosty ground and my teeth were chattering! here it's still like it was summer and I'm so tired of it! I want to wear layers too!
you look so lovely in plaid and with that hat! I really adore the last picture!

oh and thank you so much for keep following although i've been absent :|

hope you're doing great!
xx

elena-lu said...

just wanted to say:
i think you are the sweetest girl! :)
hugs and blessings to you!

Imogen said...

Lovely pictures. You always look good in that print. It looks good with the cardigan too.

Diana said...

Your weather looks so perfect! The leaves are changing!

Sil said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes sweety :)

Sil said...

Sweety I tagged you :)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Sweet look; frost does look magical. We haven't had one here yet.

Unknown said...

Aww you look so happy playing amongst all those autumn leaves, lovely! It really is your season.

tis serendipity said...

aww what a perfect look! i love the beret (? looks like it!)... adds a really sweet touch to the outfit. I really like how the colors go so well with each other!

nice quote there about autumn by Bryant! X) lucky you... I'd love for the weather to get colder ><

Gabbi said...

Hi Emily! Just stopping by to wish you a lovely weekend! :) ♥

Anonymous said...

Autumn & clothes are the best match!!! :)

muchlove said...

I love your autumn outfit, Emily! And those pile of yellow brown leaves are so inviting to be jumped in and tossed in the air!