Saturday, December 5, 2009

Country school girl

I haven't had a jumper/pinafore dress since I was probably six or seven years old. Discovering this one recently was like striking wardrobe-of-my-youth gold.

It started to snow again while I was taking these photos. I've always enjoyed catching the dainty crystalline flakes in my palms to watch them immediately melt.

Jumper and brooch: thrifted, Blouse: H&M
Headband and tights: gift, Shoes: Macy's

12 comments:

Amelia said...

As you probably know, I'm always a fan of all brown outfits. Very cute!

chelsea said...

Love it. You look super cute. Like something I would have worn in my school girl days, too. Except I would have been wearing penny loafers.

Lexie said...

i like the plaid headband! great accessory.

muchlove said...

You look so adorable, Emily! I love the dress, and the way you wore it with the white blouse.

yiqin; said...

Lovely hair! You wear brown really w

Gabbi said...

Wonderful outfit! Your hair, the detailing on your collar and the oxfords especially.... such a fan of oxfords!

emma wallace said...

Ooh! So cute! I have a jumper too - I should totally dig it out. I love how pulled-together and girly it looks!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Becca Joy said...

I love the look, its so cute. the blouse is especially beautiful :)

Q's Daydream said...

just darling! :o)

Erin Cathleen said...

You look so cute, it's ridiculous! I looove that jumper. <3

Imogen said...

I love this dress, you look very sweet. I love pinafore dresses too. I have one in black and its so versatile being able to wear it with different coloured tights and tops underneath.

Raquel said...

I wish I could wear brown like that! although my wardrobe is full of black and has little of brown pieces!
plus I adore your shoes.
hugs dear Emily!