Monday, December 14, 2009

Hints of blue



Camera: Nikon FM 10
Lenses: Vivitar Soft II 52mm, Vivitar 52 mm Cross Screen VI
Film: Fujicolor Superia X-tra 400
Click photos for an enlarged view

Inspired by the glorious days of autumn, these photographs were taken back in late October - early November. I couldn't bear not to capture the beauty I was seeing and so almost greedily set forth to ensure these scenes would remain with me always. Isn't that the driving force behind why we take photos? To hold in our hands proof that we lived through moments worth remembering not just through our minds, but visually and tangibly as well? I like to think so.

7 comments:

muchlove said...

Wow, these are gorgeous, Emily! I can't decide which one I love the most!
They all feel very calm and peaceful. I absolutely love the shades of blue you captured.

Jacque said...

Very lovely pictures! I especially like the one with the sky and clouds! It is really peaceful and so beautiful!

Lexie said...

sooo pretty!

have you thought about selling your prints in an etsy shop?

emma wallace said...

Oh, so beautiful, Emily. I love, love the last one.

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That's exactly why I take photos too :) These are gorgeous. Dreamy, evocative, and glorious. You're a gem, my lovely!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Lovely, lovely pictures.

Amelia said...

I love the 3rd picture. I love the idea with film cameras that what you saw actually made a physical imprint on the film. That's somehow a lot more powerful to me than digital, because it's like you're actually holding that moment.