Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter whites

It's winter! To celebrate the changing of seasons, I found it most appropriate to wear white today. See, I even match my surroundings. We didn't get any of the snow that blasted much of the eastern United States over the weekend, but boy were the wind chills vicious this afternoon! Therefore, I thought it best to cover my "It's-so-flippin'-cold-out-here/Why-don't-I-have-a-coat-on?" facial expressions.

Hat, shirt, and fingerless gloves: H&M; Cardigan: Target (little girls department); Skirt that likes to bunch up: Gap; Belt: second hand; Sweater tights: gift; Minnetonka moccasins

With Christmas fast approaching, we began our holiday baking today. First up: festive sugar cookie cut-outs. Our little baking session yielded the shapes of gingerbread men, trees, holly leaves, angels, bells, and candy canes.



Yum!

10 comments:

Lexie said...

your coookies look soooo good! i love sprinkles.

Amelia said...

I pulled out my white tights and cardigan today, too, but I just couldn't make them work. I definitely want to wear more light colors and I think you're giving me the inspiration I need.

Also, so yummy!

Tabitha said...

Your cookies look delish and I love how you paired your outfit with the Minnetonka's. Very cute!

emma wallace said...

Yummy! And I just love your moccasins! I want some! That's what I'm going to buy with my Christmas money, just decided!

You look adorable in white and winter wear!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

muchlove said...

cute outfit, Emily! I love the white tights and red hat.
Looks like your baking session was a success... Yum yum!
Also, I like the wide new blog layout.

xx

Imogen said...

Your outfit is perfect for the occassion. I love how the white aspects to your outfit match the surroundings and the red hat adds a touch of the Christmas season. Those cookies look very tasty and I always love gingerbread men. Merry Christmas and enjoy the holidays.

Erin Cathleen said...

Aww, you're so cute! Tee hee, I also took a picture covering my face but didn't wind up posting it. Great minds. :P And I too have Christmas cookie baking pictures to share... must get around to it. I've also been meaning to respond to your email. Thank you for your sweet card! I hope you're having fun getting ready for Christmas! <3

chelsea said...

I love your Christmas cookies! I am going to try a recipe out of my Kirsten American Girl cook book.

lynnette said...

EMILY!!!! :))) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! haha oooo man those cookies look really really yummy!! haha i'm so glad you took photos of them to share with us!! did you and your relatives eat them all in the end?

heh am in HK now!! trying to use the computer in the hotel lobby but it's awfully slowww -___-

i've sent you Christmas package!! :)) well at least i hope my mum has mailed it out already cos i left if with her to mail off when i went to HK a few days back...hopefully u'll receive it by the end of the week!!

that red H&M hat of yours is really nice! i like the contrast of colors... and omgg 49 cents for a pretty blouse??? i've never gotten anything so cheap before!! really really amazing...

heh shall email you again soon!! :)) hope you're having a great xmas!!

XOXO

Diana said...

Your baking looks delicious!

I hope you and your family are having a great Christmas, Emily! xo