Monday, October 11, 2010

A Week in October

Some good things from this past week:
  • finding $17 tucked away in a wallet I hadn't used for a few weeks
  • homemade cream of mushroom soup
  • fires in the wood stove
  • taking a leisurely drive through northwestern Massachusetts, southern Vermont, and back into New York
Photobucket

Photobucket
Above photos taken in Bennington, Vermont

  • donning my favorite cozy sweater once again
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Cozy knit cardigan (old) & shoes: H&M, Vintage tunic/girls dress,
Leggings: Target, Sunglasses: Cynthia Rowley via TJ Maxx

Tell me, what good things came your way this past week?

13 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

love that sweater :O)

Ana Rita Patinha said...

Lovely photos and very inspiring blog :D
I will follow you x

Rita
http://valium-and-cherrywine.blogspot.com/

chelsea said...

Love your sweater! Did you pick up a pumpkin? I really really want to go to a pumpkin patch very badly.
Good things that happened to me this week:
Birthday!
Lots of yummy food.
Spending time with new friends.
Chocolate cake x 4.
Going to the zoo.
Road trip to Indianapolis.
My pink moccasins.
Birthday party.
Plans for girls night later in the month.
Last week was a very good week.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I've been looking for a sweater along those lines for a few years, but all the ones I find are either ancient and full of holes, or cheap nasty knockoffs (often with an Olympic theme last year). Yours looks like every kind of coziness put together.

Oh, and I'm afraid I'm not reading any Mark Twain. The kindle has a screen saver of various famous authors. Mark Twain just looked a bit better than the boring page of a photography book I was reading!

Raquel said...

dear your making me jealous wearing that cozy knit! I guess it was too good to be true that I could wear tights, the weather is warm again! bummer, I'm stuck to pants since I refuse to be bare legged this time of the year!
your vintage tunic is so pretty! I also have a vintage short dress that used to be of my mom or one of my aunts when they were little, though I never wore it (it is really short!)

hope you have a good week!

ps: you look really really adorable in these photos!

Lexie said...

that sweater is so cozy!

Imogen said...

I love finding money in my wallet or clothes that I have forgotten about. It is one of the simple good things in life. Your pictures are so sweet as always. You look beautiful. I adore your sweater so much. It looks so warm and comfortable. It makes me want to wear something like that right now.

Anonymous said...

Cute smocking on that dress!

Erin Cathleen said...

You look so cute and cozy! I love that moose statue. Makes me miss Bennington! Ahh, the good ol' days. :) I'll have to post some fall New England-y photos soon. <3

Hanna C. said...

love that cardigan. and your photos are so beautiful as well :)

muchlove said...

I love the sight of those orange pumpkins! It's one of those things I've actually never seen in person, believe it or not.

Your knit cardigan looks so comfortable to snuggle in!

xx

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

i love fall! that sweater is so unique and fun! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Awwww! Moose on your sweater. So sweet. I love it when you forget you had cash and find it later on too. Though it doesn't happen to me very often :(

Good things that came my way this past week? A bonus from work and a sweet email about my blog.