Thursday, January 20, 2011

Country idyll

All day I've felt the need for some color to brighten up this white winter day. I found just the thing while digging through some photographs taken a few months back: one of my favorite scenic views dressed up in autumn colors. This particular day was very fine and mild. The world of green wasn't ready to let go even with the oranges, yellows, reds, and browns pushing forth.

Williamstown, Massachusetts

Williamstown, Massachusetts

Do you see the grazing cows in the second photo? Aww! There are two roads running parallel through this country idyll in rural northwestern Massachusetts. I took these on the higher road behind an orchard that slopes down the hill. Part of the lower road meanders along a brook and posts a very low speed limit, which is fine by me as it allows more time to revel and soak in all the beauty. And not only natural beauty. There are quite a few old Colonial homes to please the gazing eye.

Camera: Nikon FM 10
Film: Fujicolor Superia X-tra 400

11 comments:

Raquel said...

These pictures are so pretty. I love all the different colours on them. Being in the countryside makes me feel so peaceful and relaxed.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

These pictures are beautiful, and a bit surreal. The countryside reminds me both of my grandparents place in Ontario, and the Yorkshire dales where my father grew up (change the cows for sheep). I always love it when you post your film photos!

Gabbi said...

Gorgeous views and photos!

Lexie said...

these look like paintings. so lovely.

NADIA ABOULHOSN said...

really gorgeous! love the different color trees!

Jan said...

Wow! This is positively gorgeous! Am I glad that I'm not the only one who ogles livestock. Andy and I spent the day checking out sheep and cows as we drove back from the west coast today. :)

Unknown said...

I love how you love nature and landscapes and flowers and trees, Emily! One of my favourite things about road trips is all the beautiful things you see.

Imogen said...

THese are truely beautiful and stunning landscapes. It reminds me of the Hunter Valley where I went for new years eve and where I am probably going to get married.

Bigio said...

Wow! LOvely pictures... the colours are just beautiful!


www.thebigiofactor.blogspot.com

Erin Cathleen said...

I love the vintage look of these photos. Can't believe I just drove out that way last month, all by my lonesome! It was nice to be back in my old neck o' the woods. :) It's so calm and idyllic... we have some similar scenery here, but the mountain view there is something to be envied!

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

these pictures are brilliant showing of scenic beauty.