Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Quiet New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve isn't really a big thing for me. I am not one for dressing up and going out to parties. Although, if the right opportunity were to present itself I am sure I would take advantage of it. When all is said and done, I am a rather low-key kind of person. I spent much of today lounging around and reading and will most likely continue these activities until 2009 is ushered in at the stroke of midnight.

Shirt: Target
Scarf: gift, Forever 21
Pants: Ralph Lauren, via Macy's
Shoes: Target

I think it's time to soothe away 2008's rough edges with a cup of tea.

Happy New Year!

16 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds peaceful and relaxing, i'm not much of a big party person either. My bf and i drove out along the harbour to see the fire works and then went to bed :) Happy New Year!

Toni said...

mmm...tea sounds so good right now. i feel like i've been cold all day. and i love your scarf! it's really cute. hope you have a great new year! :)

toni

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

You would fit well in my family. :) Parties are supposedly awesome, but I've actually never been to a New Year's one...Happy 2009!

net said...

i like your idea of a new years eve ;)

kirke said...

I like your scarf!
And also happy new year!

Lexie said...

i've never been to a real new year's eve party either.

are those skinny khakis?!

The Stylish Wanderer said...

tea is lovely. I bet it will hit the spot.


i think quiet new years eves are best. but waht do I know?

lovely pants

Amelia said...

Fun pictures. Happy New Year!

The books I got are all for leisure, except for one that's for a lecture I'm giving to the history class I TA for.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Happy New Year everyone! :)

Pretty Little Pictures - I love fireworks! Sounds like fun :)

Toni - Thank you! I hope you have a great New Year as well :)

The Clothes Horse - So I've also heard ;) Happy 2009 to you as well!

Net - Thanks :)

Kirke - Thank you! Happy New Year :)

Copperoranges - Hmm.. maybe next year? ;)

The Stylish Wanderer - Thank you! And the tea definitely hit the spot :)

Amelia - Thank you. Happy New Year!

Ariella said...

Aw, you look so cute. A quiet and relaxing new year's eve sounds very nice actually. I'm not really much of a party person either - although it can be nice once in a while.

Happy new year to you, sweetie!

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I will add you back :)

Anonymous said...

yummy tea and your outfits looks comfy! i couldn't not notice that your interest is Jesus! Wonderful!
xx

Amelia said...

In response to your question: I'm a TA for the early entrance program, so it's not for legit university classes, but it's a great job for a 16-year-old. I've been taking classes at the university since spring 2007, so almost 2 years.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Ariella - Thank you, Happy New Year to you too! :)

The Yellow Elephant - Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

I love to relax with reading and a good cup of tea :).

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Nadine - Me too, it is truly one of life's little pleasures :)

Taylor said...

this is really cute :)
i love the scarf