

Dress and tights: Marshall's, Cardigan: gift, Moccasins: MinnetonkaOkay, so are we all tired of buffalo plaid? I still harbor a quiet love for it. I've been living in this dress for the last few weeks after snagging it on sale for $5. When the price is right I say go for it. Red buffalo plaid, especially, reminds me of my childhood and my grandfather in his wool plaid hunting jacket. The little burst of nostalgia these broad red and black checks evoke is a like watching an old family movie - full of loving open arms and big laughing smiles.
14 comments:
No wayy, bring on the buffalo plaid! especially for fall. You look totally adorable!!
Great outfit. I have a favorite plaid shirt that I don't want to stop wearing either... :)
not tired of the plaid at all! You look great in it, and I love the tights you paired it with.
have a great weekend, Emily!
xx
PS. I agree, it would be so amazing to relive those 1920s photos.
I love plaid... might have been because I grew up in Washington soo.. hence plaid galore!!
I love moccasins!! collect them... would love to see how yours look like!!. :)
i love red buffalo plaid, too. you look so perfectly autumnal!
I love red buffalo plaid! It may be very trendy but that's the downfall of loving something that becomes popular. The dress looks great on you!
I'm personally not a fan of buffalo plaid, but I love the shape of the dress!
By the way, is "Resplendent Tranquility" from Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison? We just started that in English class (as mentioned on my blog) and I think it said that somewhere in the prologue.
I love the dress. Isn't Marshall's the best place? Well there and TJ Maxx
That dress is so cute! I don't think I could ever tire of classic red buffalo plaid for fall.
I'm so sorry I completely missed the post with your giveaway. What a cute idea! I want some of that map wrapping paper.
In NZ, there is so so much plaid around, it's pretty incredible. But I love it when the pattern is made into a feminine, pretty little dress like the one you're wearing. I like the contrasts.
I still love buffalo plaid!
http://champagneandmarshmallows.blogspot.com/
I love your dress so much- both the print and the colours and what a bargain.
$5? I just might have to check out Marshall's myself. :) That dress is too cute on you!
Ooo! I LOVE this outfit! It is so fall! And it is funny because the red plaid reminds me of my father's hunting jacket. Ha!
Post a Comment