Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Film photos from Berlin, Maryland

Berlin, Maryland

One of my favorite outings during my recent beach vacation was to Berlin, Maryland. Quaint and charming, historic downtown Berlin was the perfect place to while away the quiet hours of late morning.

Berlin, Maryland

If these snapshots of Main Street look oddly familiar, it's because the Disney adaptation of Tuck Everlasing was filmed there.

Berlin, Maryland

My friends and I had a wonderful time strolling through town, stopping in different shops and eating lunch at a local coffee house.

Berlin, Maryland

There were so many pleasant sights to be seen and the atmosphere was so relaxing. I took great joy in stopping mid-stride to snap photos of it all! Berlin is a destination I would revisit without hesitation.

Berlin, Maryland

Camera: Nikon FM 10
Film: Fujicolor Superia X-tra 400

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh what a pretty little town.
xxxx

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

These are so clear and the weather looks perfect. The town reminds me a bit of the town near my grandparents' place in Ontario: small, charming, relaxing. I'd love to visit somewhere like that,x

Raquel said...

dear, all you photographs are amazing, but these are so nice to see, because of the difference between american and portuguese architecture, really different but so nice in it's own way :)

ps: about my green beret, well i seem to have lost it in London :/ since my friend didn't find it at her place.

chelsea said...

Lovely. I always love your photographs.

Unknown said...

You always seem to visit the most interesting, quaint places, Emily. And Tuck Everlasting! I've always intended to watch but never have.

muchlove said...

great photos! It looks like a lovely quaint little town. I like the sight of a quiet street in the monning.
Oh, and that's so interesting to know that Tuck Everlasting was shot there!