Jacket: vintage, Sweater: TJ Maxx, Skirt: Tucker for Target, Pin: Gap, Tights: Hue, Shoes: Macy's
Sometimes I like to call this vintage green jacket my ''Elizabeth Bennett jacket.'' When I last shared it on the ol' blog two years ago (wow!), I stated that it's the closest I've come to finding something that really resembles those sweet Spencer jackets Regency-era ladies wore over their empire-waist dresses. Mine is a little longer in length and appears more Edwardian inspired, so perhaps I should call it my ''Anne Shirley jacket''? Whether it's a Lizzy or an Anne, it's high ranking on my ''favorite vintage finds'' list. It's also wool which makes it the most perfect of top layers when the temperature hovers around freezing - brr! My sister braved the cold with me to snap these pictures yesterday, so I must extend another ''thank you!'' her way.
Okay, I am officially finished peppering this post with quotation marks. Moving on.
It's no secret that I'm a big cardigan fan. Heck, I even created a blog-label for the things. This sweater had me fooled into thinking it was a cardigan at first. See those pretty little buttons? They are just decoration and serve no other function than that. Sneaky! This might be the prettiest sweater I own with its bow collar and vintage inspired embroidery and bead work. I felt pretty wearing it. Raquel touched on the whole feeling pretty/dressing pretty bit today, too. Go check out her post if you have an extra minute. Her outfit is all kinds of wonderful.
Okay, I am officially finished peppering this post with quotation marks. Moving on.
It's no secret that I'm a big cardigan fan. Heck, I even created a blog-label for the things. This sweater had me fooled into thinking it was a cardigan at first. See those pretty little buttons? They are just decoration and serve no other function than that. Sneaky! This might be the prettiest sweater I own with its bow collar and vintage inspired embroidery and bead work. I felt pretty wearing it. Raquel touched on the whole feeling pretty/dressing pretty bit today, too. Go check out her post if you have an extra minute. Her outfit is all kinds of wonderful.







9 comments:
Ohh first thanks for the mention dear! :) That wasn't my outfit for today or yesterday, because it's been too cold for just that, I lived in wool sweaters these days as well!
But concerning your outfit, it's amazing! I love every piece you're wearing, and all the lovely details of each one.
I also agree on what you call your jacket, it looks something Elizabeth would totally wear. Love it!
Whoa, that sweater really is in cardigan caouflage. The embroidery is just gorgeous and I love that skirt! Great outfit :) You look lovely!
Hapy weekend!
I totally thought that was a cardie too! it's very lovely anyway!
Such great details! The whole outfit looks so warm and snuggly. The jacket is a fantastic find, to be sure! I did get a Lizzy vibe from it, before I even read the post.
that skirt is so cute! i completely missed out on the tucker for target line .. darn shopping resolution ...
I have that skirt as well! I love it, but it wrinkles a bit too much for my taste. :)
super cute outfits! love the detailing on the white sweater, i love that kind of subtle feminine detailing. lovely blog you have!
<3mode.
http://modestylist.blogspot.com
Beautiful Emily. I love your skirt and both the cardigan and jacket are gorgeous. I adore the sweet detailing and the leaf and puff sleeves really add to the jacket. The Elizabeth Bennett jacket is a very appropriate name.
Wee! Emma, this is just about my favorite look of yours, ever! And I have to call you Emma, because you are looking ever-so Emma Pillsbury here, which you know I LOVE. ^_^ And how cute is your faux-cardigan? I think it's a genius invention! And of course, now I want one! :)
Post a Comment