Cardigan: thrifted, Shirt (old): American Eagle Outfitters, Necklace: self made, Jeans: Levi's, Moccasins: Minnetonka
I've had this pretty floral blouse for about nine years. I remember finding it on a clearance rack at American Eagle when I was a junior in high school and asked my dad to get it for me for Christmas. I wore it frequently back then and one of my favorite memories associated with it is when one of my friends told me the pattern looked like one you'd find on an old sofa. C, if you're reading, do you remember that? We had a good laugh over it and, of course, I took it as a compliment. Since then I've lovingly referred to this shirt as my ''old sofa blouse.'' For the last few years this shirt has spent most of its time folded up in my dresser. It comes out maybe once or twice in the autumn and winter months only to be forgotten about for the better part of the year. I realize that this is quite a shame and I'm resolved to give it the attention it deserves once again. Oddly enough, I only thought to wear it today after seeing one at the Goodwill yesterday. Haha.
Tell me, do you have any favorite old things with fond memories attached to them?
Tell me, do you have any favorite old things with fond memories attached to them?




11 comments:
Love it :) These sort of soft flower patterns always make me feel a little calmer. Sweet :)
It is a great pattern, for sure. You wear browns so well.
As for me... I don't really attach clothing to memories. I remember what I was wearing when I met Dominic. I remember what I was wearing when he proposed. But I don't feel especially nostalgic when I put them on, and I doubt I'd feel much if I had to throw them out. With that said, I did feel a little sad when a pair of feather earrings I wore all the time in high school fell apart recently. Maybe I'm a little more sentimental than I'd leave you to believe?
I really like the colour and pattern. Sweet and floral without being saccharine. I used to have a similarly coloured blouse, in corduroy.
Just this year I've felt a resurgence of affection towards my old hiking boots, (even though they're currently smeared with some unmentionable thing). I wore them for years and years and year, and I was so much younger than I am now!
What a lovely post, Emily. It reminds me how clothes are so steeped in memories and nostalgia that they become part of the story of your life.
Emily, you've been wearing all my favourite "autumn colours", dark green, mustard-y yellow and now camel :)
it is so nice when we re-wear pieces we've had for ages, I always feel happy inside when doing it!
and I must say, I'm so jealous of your key necklace! must make myself one of those!
I have been stalking Minnetonkas for MONTHS now. They are so cute! Also, here's a link to those boots you were admiring!
http://www.amazon.com/nicole-Womens-Behave-Ankle-Bootie/dp/B002ASAJC4/ref=sr_1_17?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1290099670&sr=1-17&searchContext=B003JFL65Q,B003JFL4X0,B003JFL0JS,B003JKL714,B003JFL3QS,B003JKL6NS,B003JFL34A,B002B55W5K,B003JFKX50,B0036SFOM2,B003JKKK6C,B003JFL1AQ,B003UTMAMY,B003JKKLKM,B002B55VC4,B0036SFOTU,B002ASAJC4,B002B55I36,B002ASADDY,B002B55HC8,B002ASALOK,B003JFKW6U,B002ASAK5U,B003UTK9DQ
I love your style and I have to say... I'm a huge fan of Minnetonka (:
I'm finally delurking to share a Chanel giveaway I'm organizing this month, do feel free to take a look:
http://www.stephiesays.com/?p=4024
these shots are so pretty! i especially love the one with your key necklace peeking out.
aww I love rediscovering old clothes that not only remind you of happy memories, but also still fashionable today! It's a really sweet print, and perfect now that florals are making a comeback (why they ever left, I haven't a clue!).
Hope you're having a great weekend, Emily :)
What a beautiful blouse Emily. The print is so sweet and I adore the colours. I can't believe you have had it for so long. Its still so stylish. Its always lovely to have an item that you have had for a long time and still get some use out of. I think that clothes are so much more than just something we wear because there are many memories associated with them.
rediscovering old items you have such memories with is the best! i really love this shirt its so pretty and the colors are gorgeous
http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment